Beijings Olympic Village Court opens
Beijing's Olympic Village Court opens
BEIJING -- The Olympic Games Village People's Local Court, the only law facility bearing the Olympic title in the country, opened here on Wednesday.
Located in the Olympic Village in the city's northeast, the building is named in accordance with the Supreme People's Court's rule that courts should be named for their location.
During the Games, about 70 percent of cases related to the Olympics will be heard in the building, which is the seventh commissary court of Chaoyang District People's Court. The district is home to most of the Games' venues.
The new court will mainly hear civil cases, such as those for house rental, labor disputes and personal injury. Also handled here are cases for foreigners' personal injury, property damage and labor dispute caused by activities of the Games, tourism, accommodations, shopping, transport, dining and entertainment, said Qian Yixin, the court's chief judge.
The court was established in June 2007 and had operated nearby in a contemporary office near the compound built for the Asian Games Village in 1990.
Its new location is less than one km away from the apartments of the Olympic athletes in the east, facing the Badaling Expressway in the west. The new court is equipped with 11 courtrooms -- seven small-sized, three middle-sized and one large.
Covering a judicial area of 57.22 square km, the court's territory includes the Bird's Nest, the Water Cube, the Olympic GREen, the Olympic Village and many hotels, among others.
Most of the Olympic-related civil cases would be heard here, including many related to foreign affairs. To better help the procedures, all guides and signs are in both Chinese and English, Qian said.
A Foreign-Interests-Related Courtroom with a 27-seat gallery is one of its features. It is installed with a three-track simultaneous interpretation system.
Except cases related to national secrets, all proceedings would be open according to the country's laws, Qian said. In total, the 11 courtrooms have seating for 247 people, she added.
The Accessible Courtroom also provides facilities and toilets for the disabled.
Since 2007, the Olympic Village Court had heard 4,772 cases, more than 90 percent of which had been resolved, said Zhang Wen, the People's Court of Chaoyang District deputy president.
As of June, the court had receive 20 cases related to the Olympics, 15 of which had been completed, she said.
IAAF says amputee runner Pistorius too dangerous
PARIS - South Africa's Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee who is hoping to run alongside able-bodied competitors at the Beijing Olympics, was branded a potential danger to other athletes on Monday.
South African Oscar Pistorius warms-up during a training session for the international European Athletics Association (EAA) athletics meeting in Lucerne July 15, 2008. Double amputee Pistorius, who runs with carbon-fibre blades attached to his legs, will try for the third time to reach the Beijing Olympics 400 metres qualification time of 45.95 seconds at the international EAA athletics meeting in Lucerne on Wednesday. [Agencies]
Pierre Weiss, the general secretary of the sport's governing body, the IAAF, believes that if Pistorius, who runs on carbon-fiber blades, takes part in the 4x400m relay, he could be a risk to other runners once they are bunched on the track.
"The decision by CAS (the Court of Arbitration in Sport which allowed Pistorius to compete with able-bodied runners) applies to all athletics events. But if he runs in the pack, there's a risk that he or another athlete will fall."
Pistorius, 21, has been trying to reach the qualifying standard of 45.55 seconds to book a place in the indvidual 400m at the Beijing Olympics. He set his best time of the season of 46.62 seconds in Rome on Friday.
He will try again in Lucerne in Switzerland on Wednesday and hasn't given up hope of making the relay team in China.
"The South Africans have qualified without Pistorius and if they take him they are going to have to remove another relay runner," said Weiss.
"It's a decision that rests with the officials of the federation and the South African Olympic Committee, but we'd prefer that they don't select him for reasons of safety."
Beijings Olympic Village Court opens
- 【阅读-每日英语】万圣节习俗让你看过瘾！ 阅读:78 2016-10-07
- 【阅读-每日英语】Every day is not Su... 阅读:44 2018-05-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】不带任何脏字的英文骂人法 阅读:107 2016-09-06
- 【阅读-每日英语】The Sun and the Moon 阅读:76 2017-07-29
- 【阅读-每日英语】单词居然可以这样背，太funny了！ 阅读:253 2016-09-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】打电话时会用到的英语口语，都在这里了！ 阅读:73 2016-10-18
- 【阅读-每日英语】女人的32个小秘密，想知道吗？ 阅读:67 2016-10-15
- 【阅读-每日英语】十个简单的英语句子，却一点儿不简单 阅读:531 2016-06-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】地道英式惊叹词！ 阅读:73 2016-08-30
- 【阅读-每日英语】献给丈夫的歌曲《Winter Dreams》 阅读:159 2016-08-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】英美人士最讨厌的5个英文单词 阅读:154 2016-09-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】坠入爱河，就把最美的话送给对方！ 阅读:257 2016-09-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】Do as you would be ... 阅读:81 2017-07-02
- 【阅读-每日英语】你不知道的浪漫句子：我的离去，并没有带... 阅读:48 2016-10-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】【TED】世界上最慢的电视节目，却吸引... 阅读:96 2016-09-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】A mothers love neve... 阅读:86 2017-06-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语美文：十问自己 阅读:49 2016-10-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】A Dog-gone Good S... 阅读:124 2017-08-17
- 【听力-转学到一所综合大学】What University t... 阅读:48 2018-03-09
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】你知道什么是“必剩客”吗？ 阅读:96 2016-02-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】生生死死，该如何去面对？ 阅读:58 2016-10-09
- 【听力-学校生活对话】学校生活对话听力13：Livng ... 阅读:156 2016-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】想提高英语听力水平，那就这样练！ 阅读:111 2016-09-22
- 【听力-在旅店】Checking into the... 阅读:75 2017-03-10
- 【听力-食物】Finding Foods in ... 阅读:78 2017-07-27
- 【听力-健康】Seeing the Doctor... 阅读:72 2017-06-18
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】偷steal的多种表达方式 阅读:119 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-英语四级作文】1998年6月全国大学英语四级考试... 阅读:15 2018-10-25
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】细说英语单词：“NETTEL”家庭 阅读:52 2016-02-21
- 【听力-在餐厅】Making Negative C... 阅读:63 2017-02-24
- 【听力-解雇】EDD Office EDD 就业... 阅读:63 2017-04-14
- 【阅读-英语四级作文】假文凭的不良影响 阅读:27 2018-10-20
A young idler, an old beggar.少壮不努力，老大徒伤悲。A young idler, an old beggar
您只要知道一句话 ,「头脑以实在的物体的形像来运作」就可以了。以下只是再详谈而已。 要谈记忆，先要知道头脑是如何运作的。 当我提到一个东西，比如说「马」的时候，第一个在脑海中反应出来的，应该是马的形象。然后是马的归类，属性如「颜色」...
Who says adult parties have to be boring. More and more adults are reliving their childhoods or creating memories t...
There is an undeniable fact that the number of animals is declining faster than ever before. According to a recent su...
Smilence 笑而不语 vi. When you are expecting some answers from your Chinese audie...
当别人描述一件倒霉事的时候，你是不是常会感叹“唉呀！ 真是！”呢？当你看到一个美女或是帅哥，很想上去搭讪的时候，该怎么打开话匣呢？下面就是给大家介绍的表达方法，不要错过哦！ 1. Oh, boy! 乖乖！唉呀！...
On Tuesday, popular comedian @jonnyson tweeted out a seemingly innocuous ques...
A: Are you my new neighbor?B: Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you.A: Nice to meet you, too.B: How is your day going ...
开车的人很头疼的一件事就是开着开着，车子爆胎了，如果可以送到维护部或是叫人过来修还好，如果碰巧前不着村、后不着店，就得自己动手了。今天我们来给大家讲讲"爆胎"和"补胎"怎么说。 1. Ther...
A: I called HP about my computer.B: What did they say?A: They said I need a new hard drive.B: That's too bad. How...
水污染方面作文Directions:Water pollution is a serious problem threatening the survival of human beings, plants and animals. ...
A: Look at all these kittens!A:看看这些小猫!B: How many are there?B: 这是多少只啊?A: Eigh...
A: Are you sure you want to go to Seattle?B: Yes, I am sure.A: It's an eight-hour drive.B: I know. Let's go.A...