What Is Real Beauty 真正的美!
It is human nature that all of us should be fond of beauty. Everybody was born with a heart for beauty. Today in China,with the rising of our living standard, people's requirement of beauty has been heightened accordingly. Some people spare no money or energy on beautiful clothes, fashionable hair styles,the decoration of their houses and even the improvement of their looks. But it seems to me,allthese are more or less confined to the beauty in appearance,or rather,the outward beauty. In my opinion,we shouldn't only pay attention to beautiful appearance and neglect the beautification of the mind and what we are after should be the perfect unity of the outward beauty and the inner beauty. As we all know,so far as objects and animals are concerned,there is only beautiful appearance to be mentioned, but to us humanbeings, although the outward beauty really matters, the inner beauty is much more important. This was confirmed by a famous Russian writer in words much like this: "A person isnot lovely for being beautiful but beautiful for being lovely. " Here, I'd like to quote two typical instances and I'm sure, my dear friends,from them you'll find out what real beauty is. Recently I learned from the radio an unpleasant incident about a well known singer. She is very charming with a sweet beautiful voice and very famous for singing the song."Devotion of love". Not long ago,she was invited to Zhejiang Province to give performance. The moment she was to appear on the stage,she suddenly asked for more reward. Worse still,after her request was satisfied, she didn't begin to sing at once. Instead,she took her time to count all the money piece by piece. Thus she kept the audience waiting for half an hour. So when she at last showed up and started to sing "Devotion of love",a man rose up from his seat and shouted at her,"You don't have any devotion of love. You are not qualified to sing this song ! "hearing this, the singer stopped singing and began to shout abuses with her finger pointed at the man. At this time the whole audience burst into an uproar. How disappointed her keen listeners were when they learned this! It is the singer herself who spoiled her beautiful image in the eyes of others. Now, I'm coming to another true story. It's about a poor, ordinary looking old woman. She was a widow without any children, living barely from hand to mouth by picking odds and ends from rubbish heaps. However,she took in more than ten homeless orphans successively and managed to bring them up. Every day she labored from morning till night. In order to earn as much money as possible to raise the children and to keep them in school,she even went to a hospital regularly to sell her blood. She got so weak for the loss of blood that she sometimes fell in a faint on her way home. When asked why she chose to burden herself with so many children,she smiled and simply answered,"Oh,I love children and I like to have their company. " Though the old woman was poor materially, she was full of affection and rich in spirit. She was loved dearly by her children. She was also highly appreciated by the local government, and truly respected by people in her community.Maybe you can't help wondering, "What makes that ordinary woman so extraordinary?" It is nothing else but her inner beauty, her true devotion of love without any thought of rewarding. What a sharp contrast there is between the GREat woman and the selfish singer] So,to answer the question "What is real beauty?", I declare definitely,it is the beauty lying in one's heart of hearts and embodied in his actions and deeds,that is,the inner heauty!
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Enjoy Yourself Whil... 阅读:176 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Responsibility is a... 阅读:46 2018-07-08
- 【阅读-英语演讲】美国一名大学生的毕业演讲稿 阅读:363 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Nature Is Our Mother 阅读:74 2018-07-10
- 【阅读-英语演讲】穿越海洋第三届全国英语演讲比赛冠军作品 阅读:67 2018-07-08
- 【阅读-英语演讲】My Attitude towards... 阅读:192 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】What Is Real Beauty... 阅读:252 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】我们只是自然大家庭中普通的一员 We ... 阅读:302 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】竞选学生会主席的演讲 阅读:88 2018-07-07
- 【阅读-英语演讲】我重树信心I Regain Confi... 阅读:54 2018-07-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】How to Lose Weight 阅读:66 2018-07-10
- 【阅读-英语演讲】选择的重要性Knowing the C... 阅读:49 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-英语演讲】How to Sell Yourself 阅读:68 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Learn How to Say No... 阅读:248 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】I Am Chinese 阅读:47 2018-07-10
- 【阅读-英语演讲】英特网会越来越流行 阅读:46 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-旅游登机】【旅游英语】办理登机手续和登机 1... 阅读:393 2017-01-22
- 【听力-安全】Supervision 监督、 管理 阅读:44 2017-02-12
- 【听力-约会】A Fairy Tale 童话故事... 阅读:108 2016-12-28
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语新闻热词：energy crunch 阅读:140 2016-02-25
- 【听力-卖房子】Signing Contract ... 阅读:237 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“mama's boy”奶嘴男 阅读:100 2016-03-01
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】在离婚“缓冲室”里冷静 阅读:157 2016-02-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】当外公给外孙女买了只比她大n倍的巨... 阅读:99 2016-11-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】36个问题，让两人数小时内即可爱上彼此! 阅读:49 2016-10-18
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语四级考试听力复习九大技巧 阅读:103 2017-03-20
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“垃圾睡眠”在英语里怎么说 阅读:75 2016-02-20
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语单词荷马有时也打磕睡的故事 阅读:29 2016-02-19
- 【听力-社交活动】Inviting Boss to ... 阅读:112 2018-01-24
- 【听力-大学生活】Parking Issue 停车问题 阅读:35 2017-01-13
- 【阅读-每日英语】Haste makes waste 阅读:50 2018-05-16
- 【听力-食物】Breakfast 早餐 阅读:217 2017-08-15
人有时候真的是一个矛盾体。电影里的恐怖场景那么吓人，甚至吓得惊声尖叫，但还是忍不住想看；十恶不赦的罪犯庭审，犯罪手段恶劣到令人发指，真想关了电视不看了，可就是做不到。可能这就是这一类节目的魅力所在吧，they exist to irr...
Five这个词大家肯定熟到不能再熟了，不就是个数字嘛，简单！可是你有没有听过下面这两个和five相关的表达呢？那可就未必了。不信？就来看看吧！ 1. Give me five! 千万别当成是“给我五块钱!”,...
A: Hi! How are you?B: I'm doing good. Hey, did you apply for the job?A: I sure did. I'm meeting your boss tod...
最近，一个名为“休假式治疗”的新词在中华大地飘然降临并异军突起，变成了2012年年初爆红网络的流行语。那么它的英文表达是怎样的呢？纵观各路媒体，大致的说法有以下几种： 1. vacation-style tre...
A: I'm registering for Psych 21, because I need it to transfer.B: I need that class too in order to transfer.A: B...
A good book is a good friend.好书如挚友。A good book is a good friend.
1A: What seems to be the problem?B: Oh, my God! It's my stomach. It's killing me!A: Where does it hurt the mo...
“五遍读书法”，是以613分的高分考入北京大学数学科学学院的谭曙光同学创立的。 学习离不开读书，读书必讲求方法。“五遍读书法”的确是一个符合人类认识规律的好方法。这“五遍”是： 第一遍，是指上课前对老师讲的课本上的内容预习一遍。只需...
有时候，人难免动气。一肚子的火无处发的时候会感觉肺都炸了。表达“生气”在英语中应该怎么说呢?一起来学习下吧： ① I'm about to e...
1A: Can you help me figure out how to use this machine?B: Yes, I would be happy to help. What do you want to buy?A: I...
A: Can you please shut up?B: Maybe if you ask nicely, I will!A: This is a library, so you have to shut up.B: I didn...