What Is Real Beauty 真正的美!
It is human nature that all of us should be fond of beauty. Everybody was born with a heart for beauty. Today in China,with the rising of our living standard, people's requirement of beauty has been heightened accordingly. Some people spare no money or energy on beautiful clothes, fashionable hair styles,the decoration of their houses and even the improvement of their looks. But it seems to me,allthese are more or less confined to the beauty in appearance,or rather,the outward beauty. In my opinion,we shouldn't only pay attention to beautiful appearance and neglect the beautification of the mind and what we are after should be the perfect unity of the outward beauty and the inner beauty. As we all know,so far as objects and animals are concerned,there is only beautiful appearance to be mentioned, but to us humanbeings, although the outward beauty really matters, the inner beauty is much more important. This was confirmed by a famous Russian writer in words much like this: "A person isnot lovely for being beautiful but beautiful for being lovely. " Here, I'd like to quote two typical instances and I'm sure, my dear friends,from them you'll find out what real beauty is. Recently I learned from the radio an unpleasant incident about a well known singer. She is very charming with a sweet beautiful voice and very famous for singing the song."Devotion of love". Not long ago,she was invited to Zhejiang Province to give performance. The moment she was to appear on the stage,she suddenly asked for more reward. Worse still,after her request was satisfied, she didn't begin to sing at once. Instead,she took her time to count all the money piece by piece. Thus she kept the audience waiting for half an hour. So when she at last showed up and started to sing "Devotion of love",a man rose up from his seat and shouted at her,"You don't have any devotion of love. You are not qualified to sing this song ! "hearing this, the singer stopped singing and began to shout abuses with her finger pointed at the man. At this time the whole audience burst into an uproar. How disappointed her keen listeners were when they learned this! It is the singer herself who spoiled her beautiful image in the eyes of others. Now, I'm coming to another true story. It's about a poor, ordinary looking old woman. She was a widow without any children, living barely from hand to mouth by picking odds and ends from rubbish heaps. However,she took in more than ten homeless orphans successively and managed to bring them up. Every day she labored from morning till night. In order to earn as much money as possible to raise the children and to keep them in school,she even went to a hospital regularly to sell her blood. She got so weak for the loss of blood that she sometimes fell in a faint on her way home. When asked why she chose to burden herself with so many children,she smiled and simply answered,"Oh,I love children and I like to have their company. " Though the old woman was poor materially, she was full of affection and rich in spirit. She was loved dearly by her children. She was also highly appreciated by the local government, and truly respected by people in her community.Maybe you can't help wondering, "What makes that ordinary woman so extraordinary?" It is nothing else but her inner beauty, her true devotion of love without any thought of rewarding. What a sharp contrast there is between the GREat woman and the selfish singer] So,to answer the question "What is real beauty?", I declare definitely,it is the beauty lying in one's heart of hearts and embodied in his actions and deeds,that is,the inner heauty!
- 【阅读-英语演讲】How to Lose Weight 阅读:135 2018-07-10
- 【阅读-英语演讲】How to Sell Yourself 阅读:148 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-英语演讲】穿越海洋第三届全国英语演讲比赛冠军作品 阅读:128 2018-07-08
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Responsibility is a... 阅读:77 2018-07-08
- 【阅读-英语演讲】诚信与责任 阅读:159 2018-07-07
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Learn How to Say No... 阅读:305 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】My Attitude towards... 阅读:261 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】I Am Chinese 阅读:80 2018-07-10
- 【阅读-英语演讲】我重树信心I Regain Confi... 阅读:92 2018-07-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】我们只是自然大家庭中普通的一员 We ... 阅读:374 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】What Is Real Beauty... 阅读:309 2017-02-12
- 【阅读-英语演讲】竞选学生会主席的演讲 阅读:172 2018-07-07
- 【阅读-英语演讲】美国一名大学生的毕业演讲稿 阅读:411 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-英语演讲】选择的重要性Knowing the C... 阅读:111 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-英语演讲】英特网会越来越流行 阅读:126 2018-07-09
- 【阅读-英语演讲】Enjoy Yourself Whil... 阅读:255 2017-02-11
- 【阅读-每日英语】告诉你什么是永远 阅读:156 2016-10-13
- 【听力-在银行】Paying Fees 支付费用 阅读:69 2017-08-20
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】地道英国俚语 阅读:146 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】“女人都喜欢暖男?”——"那我就当... 阅读:170 2016-10-22
- 【阅读-英语四级作文】朋友-Friends 阅读:27 2019-02-04
- 【阅读-每日英语】7个单词，让你领悟人生的真谛！ 阅读:105 2016-10-06
- 【听力-卖房子】First Appointment... 阅读:82 2017-02-07
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】通过词根记单词20:ex- 阅读:191 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】Beijing Olympic G... 阅读:178 2017-06-28
- 【听力-购物】Exchanging a DVD ... 阅读:72 2017-09-30
- 【听力-家庭事务】An Afternoon Fish... 阅读:216 2017-06-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语面试自我介绍：千万别用这10个单词 阅读:309 2016-08-31
- 【听力-租房】Talking about the... 阅读:91 2017-12-20
- 【阅读-原创翻译】中国花卉展览会观众行程 Sched... 阅读:463 2017-04-22
- 【听力-选举】Rock the Vote 摇滚选票 阅读:30 2017-02-05
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Icebergs 阅读:109 2018-07-15
So you think you know a foul word or two? Shakespeare’s insults, put downs an...
A: You're new in town, right?B: Yes, I just moved in last week.A: Do you want to come see a movie tonight?B: Who ...
战争往往给语言留下深刻的痕迹。当战火停息，一切恢复正常以后，一些带火药味的词汇经常会变成人们日常的用语来形容那些和战场没有太大关系的人或事物。 有的俗语甚至还反映了两百年前打仗的形式，例如，美国人经常会说某个人是一个：loose ca...
食品类 veggie：素食主义者，吃奶类和鸡蛋。 vegan：更严格的素食主义者，杜绝一切动物类制品。 peanut butter：花生酱 clam...
英语词汇的记忆可以说是整个英语学习的基础，没有词汇量就不可能有高水平的外语能力。以下是一些记忆方法的介绍： 1 阅读记忆法：也就是把词汇的记忆融入阅读之中，在看一篇文章的时候，遇到不认识的单词先做记号，并猜测它们的含义，等到把全文看完...
Ladies and Gentlemen: First of all, thanks for give me an opportunity to speck about myself at this special occasion ...
如何才能说流利的英语？ 说外语时，我们主要应做到四件事： 理解 --回答 --提问 --口头表达 你只要自我训练这四项基本技能（或找一位可以训练你的老师），就会说一口流利的英语。我们该如何对待说英语时所犯的错误？ 你应该区别讲求准确性...
1. I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I sto...
GREat minds think alike.英雄所见略同。Great minds think alike
A: Do you like sports?B: Of course I do!A: Awesome! What's your favorite one?B: Hockey. It's the best sport t...
You want? Speak up if you want! Why do you keep silent? 你想要啊？你想要就说吧，你不说我怎么知道你想要呢？ You scare me again. 你又在吓我 Is this ...