【双语有声阅读】Private Schools 私立学校
Public school is available for kids from kindergarten through 12th grade free of charge. However, many families choose to pay for their children's primary and secondary education by sending them to private schools. There are many different types of private schools and many different reasons why parents send their kids there. Some private schools are military type and yet others are boarding schools where students live on campus. Some private schools are affiliated with a certain religion. These schools teach a specific faith's beliefs and traditions as well as the regular academic subjects. There are schools run by Catholics, Protestants, Jewish people, Muslims, and Orthodox Christians. There are also private schools that specialize in teaching disabled students.
Some parents choose private schools because they feel that they offer a better education than public schools; others choose private schools because they offer a different type of curriculum. Waldorf Schools, for example, only let children play and use items made of natural materials.
Private schools are also called independent schools or non-state schools because they are not run by local, state, or national governments. They can pick what students to go to their schools. They do this through admission examinations and interviews. There is often an admissions application. Some private schools accept anyone who can pay tuition, or money to send their children there. Some schools charge up to $45,000 a year. Private schools charge tuition because they do not get any money collected from local, state and national taxes. Some private schools offer a limited number of scholarships to help pay for school. Many of these scholarships are need-based, meaning for students who can't afford the tuition. Other scholarships are offered for students with very good grades or for students that have a talent in a sport or art.
- 上一篇： 【双语有声阅读】The California College and University System 加利福尼亚学院与大学制度
- 下一篇： 【双语有声阅读】 Parent-Teacher Conferences 教师家长会谈
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Museum Mile... 阅读:125 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Camping 露营 阅读:137 2016-12-23
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Theme Parti... 阅读:163 2016-12-30
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】What is in ... 阅读:66 2016-12-20
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Public Hous... 阅读:126 2016-12-18
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 A Building... 阅读:165 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Apartment P... 阅读:297 2017-02-07
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】社区学院1 Commu... 阅读:118 2016-11-18
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Homeschool... 阅读:245 2017-02-09
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The World T... 阅读:307 2017-01-16
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 The Statue... 阅读:99 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The John F.... 阅读:117 2017-02-02
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 The Fourth... 阅读:172 2016-07-16
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Taking Care... 阅读:79 2016-12-25
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The United ... 阅读:182 2017-01-18
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The Wedding... 阅读:127 2017-01-01
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语中关于“钱”的各种描述 阅读:117 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】10个问路英语句子，绝对实用！ 阅读:552 2016-08-22
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语拿手好戏卡12 阅读:60 2017-09-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】HIV testing impor... 阅读:139 2017-07-08
- 【阅读-每日英语】Sincere love 阅读:77 2017-12-03
- 【阅读-每日英语】历年英语六级作文题及范文2002-... 阅读:96 2018-01-24
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Manhattan... 阅读:69 2017-02-03
- 【听力-日常生活】Live from NBC 4! ... 阅读:42 2016-10-23
- 【听力-学校生活对话】学校生活对话听力11:School... 阅读:148 2016-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】致败家女人：双十一剁手，这些大牌儿... 阅读:80 2016-11-13
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“telephone booth”电话亭 阅读:92 2016-02-29
- 【听力-安全】Online Accounts ... 阅读:55 2017-02-18
- 【阅读-每日英语】如何拓展钱的长度? 精打细算！ 阅读:73 2016-10-23
- 【阅读-英语语法大全】1.2 其它名词复数的规则变化 阅读:246 2016-01-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】哈！“孕傻”果然与baby有关，看... 阅读:196 2016-10-30
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】实用英语单词：银行开户 阅读:108 2016-02-19
恭喜!Congratulations! *用于对个人表示祝贺，如实现了什么目标获得什么胜利时。但不用于新春祝贺。注意不要忘记复数“s”。I passed my driving test! (我驾照考试通过了。)Congratulati...
1A: Would you be able to pick me up at the airport next Sunday?B: Sure, I would be happy to help you. What time are y...
The Road Not Taken(曾未走过的路) Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, And sorry I could not travel both And be one travel...
Do as the Romans do.入乡随俗。 Do as the Romans do
A Fox one day spied a beautiful bunch of ripe grapes hanging from a vine trained along the branches of a tree. The gr...
A: Did you hear about Joseph and Michelle?B: No, what happened? Did they have a divorce?A: Oh, no. They are pregnant....
新认识一个老外，该和对方聊什么来break the ice(打破沉默)，而又不显得唐突呢?聊电影是个不错的选择，今天我们就和大家来学习几句吧! 1. T...
A: After seeing your college application, I can tell you're really smart andtalented.B: Not really, I'm lying...
1A: I need some flowers for my wife because it is her birthday.B: We have some fresh red roses.A: How much are the ro...
A: What is your major?B: English.A: What are you going to do with an English major?B: I'm going to be a teacher.A...
1.dis Dis其实是disrespect这个词的简略形式，意思是不尊重，不重视。这个词起先用在rap music绕舌音乐中。演唱的人以快速强烈的节...
怀疑时真的? Really? *“真的吗?”。询问对方的语气，也常说Oh, really?He's 38. (他38岁。)Really? (真的?)Are you sure? *“敢肯定吗?”，想要确认的心情，要比上句稍强...
bucks 范例： Would you loan me ten bucks? 借我10块钱好吗? I'm broke. 我身上一毛钱都...
A: There're a few problems with room 217, and I'd liked to be moved.B: Maybe it's a problem we can fix wi...