After a Heavy Snowstorm
After a Heavy Snowstorm
One night there was a heavy snowstorm, and in the morning Mr Smith's garden was full of deep snow. Mr Smith wanted to take his car out, so he paid a man to clean the path from his garage to his gate. He said to this man, "Don't throw any snow on that side, because it will damage the bushes in my garden; and don't throw any snow into the street, or the police will be angry. " Then Mr Smith went out.
When he came back, the path was clean and the snow from it was not on the bushes, or the fence, or the street. Mr Smith was very pleased-until he opened the garage to get his car out! The garage was full to the top with all the snow from the path, and his car was somewhere under it all!
No Baseball Today
PETER: Can you play baseball with me today?
JoHN: No, I can't. I'm sorry. I have to help my mother. We're going to move tomorrow.
PETER: Where's the new house? Is it far from here?
JoHN: No, it's not far. It's near our old house.
PETER: Can I help you pack?
JoHN: Sure. Thanks.
* * *
PETER: What can I do?
JoHN: Take the books out of the bookcase. Put them in this box.
PETER: Well, the books are in the box. What can I do now?
JoHN: Take the magazines out of the bookcase. Put them in that box.
PETER: All right.
JoHN: Peter ! Pack them. Don't read them.
PETER: These magazines are interesting. May I borrow one?
JOHN: Of course.
PETER: Thanks, John.
Quiestions on Text B
7. Read the foilowing passage once. Undertine the key words whiie reading and retell the story to your partner.
A Better Mailman !
I worked as a mailman for a short time. However, I am afraid of dogs and I had a lot of trouble. One day I tried to deliver some letters to a big house. I started to open the gate and all of a sudden a huge dog ran toward me. It growled and barked at me , so I threw the letters over the fence. The dog picked them up and carried them into the house. The dog was a better mailman than I was!
- 热点英语单词：“century eggs”松花蛋 阅读:210 2016-02-26
- 英语单词比基尼泳装的故事 阅读:206 2016-02-19
- Clubs 俱乐部 阅读:232 2017-01-10
- Warranty Expired 超过保修期了 阅读:87 2017-09-03
- 实用英语口语：衣服种类的表达 阅读:119 2016-02-19
- 英语大师谈英语学习方法 阅读:140 2017-04-03
- 英语中“soccer mom”的意思 阅读:157 2016-02-20
- Opportunity and Success,Opportunity and Success范文 阅读:41 2018-10-01
- 中国人易错口语集锦二 阅读:82 2017-04-14
- 疯狂英语实用口语大全三 阅读:76 2017-10-25
- Ordering Food and Drinks 订购(点)食物和饮料 阅读:65 2017-04-23
- 【双语有声阅读】 Las Vegas, Nevada 美国内华达拉斯威加斯 阅读:167 2017-02-03
- Even Homer sometimes nods 阅读:97 2018-05-25
- 童年游戏“跳房子”hopscotch 阅读:110 2016-02-22
- 疯狂英语阅读WarrenBuffetInvestmentWisdomfrom 阅读:92 2017-10-15
- 英语学习的七误区和六要素 阅读:71 2017-02-14
In Los Angeles, places associated with death are often popular. One such popular place is the Department of Medical...
铁道部近日紧急部署安全生产大检查，从今起开始到9月底，开展两个月的安全生产大检查活动，突出抓好高铁安全。 请看新华社的报道： China's transportation authority on Sunday ordered loc...
音频点击此处>>>1.He is the black sheep of his family.她是个败家子。2.She's a ...
Youth means a dispositional control of courage over cowardice, of the appetite for adventure over the love of ease. T...
英语词汇的记忆可以说是整个英语学习的基础，没有词汇量就不可能有高水平的外语能力。以下是一些记忆方法的介绍： 1 阅读记忆法：也就是把词汇的记忆融入阅读之中，在看一篇文章的时候，遇到不认识的单词先做记号，并猜测它们的含义，等到把全文看完...
Six Famous WordsBdh " o be or not to be". Outside the Bible, these six words are the most famous in all the...
疯狂英语英语拿手好戏卡全集,精彩内容与你分享!!社交性寒暄的全面总结 1. A: How are you doing? B: I'm doing fine/OK/pretty well/GREat/super/terrific/so...
1A: Hello, may I speak to Alice please?B: This is she. How's it going?A: I've been trying to call you all day...
英语学习王牌论调精选十段1. Learning any language takes a lot of effort. But don't give up. (学习任何语言都需要花费很多努力，但不要放弃。)2. Relax! Be p...
通过词根记单词16:dis- dis- ① 表示"不，消失掉" dislike不喜欢（dis+like喜爱→不喜爱） disorder无秩序（dis+order顺序→没有顺序） dishonest不诚实的（dis+hones...
Aries： black， orange， red白羊座：黑色、橙色、红色 Taurus： beige金牛座：米色 Gemini： blue， gree...
在中文中有很多包含动物的成语例如虎头蛇尾，鼠目寸光英语中也有很多和动物有关的俚语大家看一下英语里面有哪些动物相关的俚语吧~1It’s really rai...
1. 目前社会上有不少假冒伪劣商品（fake commodities）。为什么会有这种现象？2. 举例说明假冒伪劣商品对消费者个人、社会等的危害。范文： In recent years, a lot of fake commodit...
心情不好、手忙脚乱，偏偏有位不知趣的主儿在你眼前闲晃。你该如何表达忍无可忍，气急败坏的心情?来看看用英文如何喊“走开”吧!1. Get out of he...