Learn To Treasure
Although Father and I were very close, we had a normal father- and- son relationship. I believe that in each family, the relationship between father and son is like a tiny stream, without any wonder while full of feelings and emotion.
Father used to tell me what makes a man. Sometimes we would discuss this to the early hours of the next morning sipping on our cups of tea. During the evenings, he taught me to be honest and kind-hearted. He told me: Learning to be a man is the most valuable thing in one's life. His words turned out to be the brightest stars in my sky and lit up my path when I did not know which way to turn.
Father was an expert in history and mastered a clear insight into everything. He managed to make mundane historic events into interesting stories and told them to me with great patience. We even argued about these events at times. His stories turned out to be a warm spring breeze and they melted the ice in my thoughts.
Later, Father got seriously ill. He never expressed his suffering to me. On the contrary, it was my studies, my health, and my future that he was really concerned about. He told me: The real nature of a man is in being staunch. Man should learn to carry the burden of grief.
And then he passed away in piece, leaving me a succession of recollection. His words echo in my mind. All he did was plain and simple, but rooted in my heart. As soon as I gathered them together, Father became a great book.
I met Father in a dream. He smiled, and told me in his gentle voice: Boy, treasure your mother; treasure everything that you possess.
- 归纳汇总：“不知道”的10种英文说法 阅读:28 2016-11-08
- 10个最难发音的英语单词，快来挑战吧！ 阅读:45 2016-10-08
- 疯狂英语阅读The53rdEmmyAwards 阅读:19 2017-11-17
- “boss around”颐指气使 阅读:41 2016-02-19
- 看了会上瘾的动图，不得不佩服前人的智慧！ 阅读:77 2016-11-01
- His Parents Are Disappointed 他的父母要失望了 阅读:11 2017-03-25
- Checking Smoke Detectors 检查 烟雾报警器 阅读:22 2018-01-02
- criminal procedural law“刑事诉讼法” 阅读:56 2016-03-03
- 【双语有声阅读】Martin Luther King Jr. Day – To Remember a Civil Rights Leader 马丁·路德·金日 自由人权的领导者 阅读:109 2016-11-08
- Meeting the Mailman 遇见邮递员 阅读:14 2017-11-06
- 英语中常用的问句 阅读:88 2016-02-19
- 【口语】教你用赞美的话“淹没”心爱的她 阅读:53 2016-06-05
- 用英文介绍的八个事实，让你目瞪口呆！ 阅读:44 2016-06-05
- 这条微信，不是一般地惊呆你！ 阅读:69 2016-09-15
- Calling Credit Card Company 打电话给信用卡公司 阅读:18 2017-01-03
- Wedding Discussion 有于婚礼的讨论 阅读:14 2017-05-09
元音部分：1)、单元音： [i:]、[i]、[ɔ:]、[ɔ]、[u:]、[u]、[ə:]、[ə]、[ɑ:]、[ʌ]、[e]、[æ]2)、双元音： [ei]...
1A: Mary, it's good to see you!B: Josh and I were just on our way back home from the beach and thought we'ddr...
1A: My assistant called and said that you had received a response to ourcounteroffer.B: Yes, the buyers called me jus...
Taiwan ready for mainland touristsThe first tour group setting out from the Chinese mainland for Taiwan is now ready....
A: This is the first time I've ever had to do a timesheet.B: Well, they're very easy to do.A: You've done...
A: My car is dirty.B: Why don't you wash it?A: That's what I'm going to do.B: Are you going to wash it yo...
A: I hate to fly.B: Because of all the security?A: No, because it hurts my ears.B: What do you mean?A: Every time we ...
1A: Have you taken the written test yet?B: No, I haven't.A: You should study before you take it.B: I have been st...
1. Anything that begins with “you always” or “you never.” 典型的抱怨吐槽，“你怎么老这样”或“...
A: I have a few hours to explore the city.B: I can make some recommendations for you.A: Great! I want to see some mus...
A: I wish I were a bird.B: I think being a cat would be better.A: But birds can fly.B: Well, cats can climb.A: Birds ...
1A: I'd like to get your store credit card.B: Here's the application form.A: I'm finished. Here's the...