A. Cars play an important role in modern society. But they are also responsible for a good part of air pollution in big cities. Write an essay of about 200 words on car and air pollution.
B. Your essay must be written neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2.
C. Your essay should cover the following points:
1. the serious problem of air pollution caused by cars;
2. your suggestions on how to deal with the problem.
Cars and Air Pollution
Too many cars have created a lot of serious problems in our world. Besides congestion, accidents and fast fuel consumption,cars are responsible for a good part of air pollution in big cities. All the time, they are pumping huge amounts of waste gases into the atmosphere. These gases are very harmful, causing disease and even death. Last winter, car fumes formed heavy smog over Beijing, making the sky gloomy for weeks and deteriorating people's health.
One possible solution is to design and develop clean cars and clean fuels. In Tsinghua University, campus buses are driven by electricity. In Beijing some of the public buses begin to run on natural gas, which does not give off as much carbon dioxide as the petrol. But it may take decades for the new models of clean cars to completely replace the traditional ones.
Another solution is to develop modern public transportation systems and restrict the use of private cars. If the price of petrol rises constantly and the public vehicles are efficient and convenient enough, most people will not private cars. And the total number of cars in big cities will reduce GREatly.
On the whole, the elimination of air pollution needs the co-efforts from the government, the public and the environments. This problem will be solved only with the help of science and technology.
A. Write a letter to your local English-language newpaper giving your view on a discussion that has arisen as a result of an article they published entitled "Why Do We Need English?"
B. Your letter must be writen of about 200 words, excluding the addresses, etc.
No.47, Haidian RoadHaidian DistrictBeijing, 100086
August 18,1999The EditorLocal English DailyWuhua BuildingBeijing, 100781
I have been following with GREat interest the discussion inspired by Mr Wang Li's article "Why Do We Need English?" published in the Local English Daily of 20th May, 1999.
The one aspect of the English language that most of your correspondents seem to be unaware of is its widespread use as the international language of diplomacy, commerce and technology. It is the language of the United Nations and its agencies as well as of many other international bodies. We would be foolish to confine our vision to our national borders only. We are still, after all, dependent on other countries for technical and industrial assistance. How can we hope to be economically and technologically independent if we are not able to communicate in these areas outside our own country?
共2页: 1  下一页
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】International 阅读:47 2018-07-30
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Cells 阅读:12 2018-09-22
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】2008年考研英语作文黄金预测范文备忘录 阅读:44 2018-07-13
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Topaz 阅读:75 2018-08-17
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】2007考研英语作文大全恩波版 阅读:29 2018-08-19
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】睡眠 Sleep 阅读:28 2018-09-23
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Suburbanization 阅读:17 2018-10-09
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Two Attitudes Towar... 阅读:89 2018-08-26
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】2008年考研英语作文黄金预测范文道歉信 阅读:28 2018-08-04
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】雇主寻求的品质 阅读:36 2018-08-28
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】考研英语小作文书信类八大模板 阅读:50 2018-08-25
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】神舟六号范文 阅读:14 2018-09-22
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】提取牡蛎 Raising Oysters 阅读:46 2018-07-22
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】2007年研究生考试备考范文 阅读:41 2018-08-08
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Plate Tectonics and... 阅读:43 2018-09-03
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】The Difference betw... 阅读:70 2018-07-21
- 【听力-约会】Rejecting an Invi... 阅读:89 2018-01-07
- 【听力-大学生活】A Restaurant by t... 阅读:37 2018-04-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】口语提高的秘籍 阅读:73 2018-03-17
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】热点英语单词：sweatshop“... 阅读:100 2016-02-27
- 【阅读-旅游准备】【旅游英语】旅游准备 6 如何询问... 阅读:242 2017-01-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】Just Sitting in f... 阅读:63 2017-08-14
- 【阅读-英语四级作文】TV Receivers in S... 阅读:14 2018-10-19
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】Five：不止是5这么简单 阅读:145 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】招待客人最常用地道英语口语 阅读:72 2017-08-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】科学理论 Scientific T... 阅读:65 2017-12-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】大雪纷飞，边吃火锅边学英语喽！ 阅读:106 2016-10-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】做饭靠厨艺，吃饭动脑筋 阅读:79 2016-10-22
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】伟大的作品使人头脑敏锐 阅读:17 2018-09-22
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】学校教育 Schooling an... 阅读:20 2018-10-02
- 【阅读-每日英语】英国人说760万能买到幸福 阅读:62 2016-11-14
- 【阅读-每日英语】励志英文：不喜欢你，就“帮“你失败 阅读:144 2016-09-14
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.小别胜新婚。 Absence makes the heart grow fonder
我有话要对你说。 I want to talk to you. Can we talk? I'd like to talk with you. 你现在有朋友吗? Are you seeing anyone now? *see ...
1A: I was thinking about buying this used car, and was wonderingif you would take a look at it for me to see if it ha...
A --active 积极：无论是在生活，还是工作上，他们都拥有积极奋发，进取乐观的心态。 B --brave 勇敢：勇敢是大丈夫能屈能伸，是面对竞争对手时淡定从容，是用心征服浩翰宇宙的磅礴大气。 C --civilization 文...
购物时我们去(商店)逛逛吧! Let's go window-shopping.I'm flat broke. (我身无分文。)Let's go window-shopping anyway. (不管怎么说，...
以下这一组动图，解释的都是一个词——Mechanism['mekənizəm]A special way of getting something...
A: I would like to purchase the book for Sociology 130.B: May I see your student ID?A: I didn't know we needed it...
Quiz 测验 quiz可以指课堂上的“测验”、“小考”等，比test（测验）还要小些；也可指广播、电视节目等中的“智力测验”、“一般知识测验”等。如Follow Me（《跟我学》，BBC的电视教学节目）中的“Lo...
转帖] 出处我记不清楚了，就是感觉不错大家一起看看了 把自己从一个疯狂下载者变成一个学习者 英语学习的好处就不用多说了，随着入世和奥运的临近，学英语 已经成了全屏蔽词语动了。为了方便广大网友，或者是种种利益 的诱惑，各种英语网...
第一阶段 “打通”耳朵 完全听清 四个要领： 第一，选择1盘（再次强调是1盘而非1套）适合自身英语水平的磁带。 第二，每天集中精力把A面和B面连续听两遍。 第三，要坚持天...
A: There are so many buses going to Montebello.B: There are many places in Montebello.A: How do I know which bus to t...
2005年英语六级考试作文范文 Dec. 24th Dear Managers, I am very grateful for you to give me another job in the company. Thinking a...
A Dog asleep in a manger filled with hay, was awakened by the Cattle, which came in tired and hungry from working in ...
A: I just came back from eating at the new steak place.B: Oh, I've been wanting to go there. How was it?A: Don...
A: I hate my roommate.B: I'm sorry to hear that. What's wrong with her?A: A lot of things. First of all, she ...