Beijings Olympic Village Court opens
Beijing's Olympic Village Court opens
BEIJING -- The Olympic Games Village People's Local Court, the only law facility bearing the Olympic title in the country, opened here on Wednesday.
Located in the Olympic Village in the city's northeast, the building is named in accordance with the Supreme People's Court's rule that courts should be named for their location.
During the Games, about 70 percent of cases related to the Olympics will be heard in the building, which is the seventh commissary court of Chaoyang District People's Court. The district is home to most of the Games' venues.
The new court will mainly hear civil cases, such as those for house rental, labor disputes and personal injury. Also handled here are cases for foreigners' personal injury, property damage and labor dispute caused by activities of the Games, tourism, accommodations, shopping, transport, dining and entertainment, said Qian Yixin, the court's chief judge.
The court was established in June 2007 and had operated nearby in a contemporary office near the compound built for the Asian Games Village in 1990.
Its new location is less than one km away from the apartments of the Olympic athletes in the east, facing the Badaling Expressway in the west. The new court is equipped with 11 courtrooms -- seven small-sized, three middle-sized and one large.
Covering a judicial area of 57.22 square km, the court's territory includes the Bird's Nest, the Water Cube, the Olympic GREen, the Olympic Village and many hotels, among others.
Most of the Olympic-related civil cases would be heard here, including many related to foreign affairs. To better help the procedures, all guides and signs are in both Chinese and English, Qian said.
A Foreign-Interests-Related Courtroom with a 27-seat gallery is one of its features. It is installed with a three-track simultaneous interpretation system.
Except cases related to national secrets, all proceedings would be open according to the country's laws, Qian said. In total, the 11 courtrooms have seating for 247 people, she added.
The Accessible Courtroom also provides facilities and toilets for the disabled.
Since 2007, the Olympic Village Court had heard 4,772 cases, more than 90 percent of which had been resolved, said Zhang Wen, the People's Court of Chaoyang District deputy president.
As of June, the court had receive 20 cases related to the Olympics, 15 of which had been completed, she said.
IAAF says amputee runner Pistorius too dangerous
PARIS - South Africa's Oscar Pistorius, the double amputee who is hoping to run alongside able-bodied competitors at the Beijing Olympics, was branded a potential danger to other athletes on Monday.
South African Oscar Pistorius warms-up during a training session for the international European Athletics Association (EAA) athletics meeting in Lucerne July 15, 2008. Double amputee Pistorius, who runs with carbon-fibre blades attached to his legs, will try for the third time to reach the Beijing Olympics 400 metres qualification time of 45.95 seconds at the international EAA athletics meeting in Lucerne on Wednesday. [Agencies]
Pierre Weiss, the general secretary of the sport's governing body, the IAAF, believes that if Pistorius, who runs on carbon-fiber blades, takes part in the 4x400m relay, he could be a risk to other runners once they are bunched on the track.
"The decision by CAS (the Court of Arbitration in Sport which allowed Pistorius to compete with able-bodied runners) applies to all athletics events. But if he runs in the pack, there's a risk that he or another athlete will fall."
Pistorius, 21, has been trying to reach the qualifying standard of 45.55 seconds to book a place in the indvidual 400m at the Beijing Olympics. He set his best time of the season of 46.62 seconds in Rome on Friday.
He will try again in Lucerne in Switzerland on Wednesday and hasn't given up hope of making the relay team in China.
"The South Africans have qualified without Pistorius and if they take him they are going to have to remove another relay runner," said Weiss.
"It's a decision that rests with the officials of the federation and the South African Olympic Committee, but we'd prefer that they don't select him for reasons of safety."
Beijings Olympic Village Court opens
- 【阅读-每日英语】10个英语句子让你越挫越勇！ 阅读:139 2016-08-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】学习英语的捷径--一个美国留学生的忠告 阅读:67 2018-04-03
- 【阅读-每日英语】简单背词组 阅读:124 2017-03-23
- 【阅读-每日英语】用26个英文字母表达“80后”个性 阅读:118 2017-02-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语阅读TheFirstDay 阅读:70 2017-11-15
- 【阅读-每日英语】作文冲刺六级热点话题习作六篇 阅读:37 2017-12-23
- 【阅读-每日英语】Papi酱：中英文夹杂讲话，真的不是我装 阅读:71 2016-11-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】贝嫂的包包里都有哪些好东西？看来这些私... 阅读:101 2016-10-30
- 【阅读-每日英语】一句英文，发泄你的“委屈”！ 阅读:136 2016-10-15
- 【阅读-每日英语】爱需要宽容 阅读:65 2017-08-23
- 【阅读-每日英语】A young idler, an o... 阅读:52 2018-06-26
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语新题型答题技能训练技巧 阅读:67 2017-04-11
- 【阅读-每日英语】常用的表情符号用英语怎么表达？ 阅读:465 2016-11-18
- 【阅读-每日英语】如何通过和外国人交谈学习口语？ 阅读:82 2016-08-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】英国人才懂的爱称与骂名 阅读:51 2016-10-11
- 【阅读-每日英语】看似简单却会出洋相的10个英语句子 阅读:89 2016-06-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】超简短的5个英文笑话！ 阅读:113 2016-09-08
- 【听力-健康】Deer Ticks 鹿扁虱 阅读:81 2017-03-30
- 【听力-食物】A Pink Orange 粉红色的橙子 阅读:69 2017-04-25
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】关于美女装扮的英语单词 阅读:92 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】与一个CET四六级辅导教师的谈话 阅读:83 2017-05-06
- 【阅读-每日英语】You Can Be Whatev... 阅读:147 2017-03-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】最短小的暖心话，句句让你坚强起来！ 阅读:89 2016-10-16
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“nano nap”打盹儿 阅读:90 2016-02-23
- 【听力-开车】Paying the Ticket... 阅读:80 2017-12-20
- 【听力-旅行】Making a Hotel Re... 阅读:301 2017-04-02
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Sunset B... 阅读:42 2016-11-24
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语单词“咖啡”的由来的故事 阅读:115 2016-02-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】看音乐偏好，猜出你的性格 阅读:57 2016-08-13
- 【听力-工作】All His Eggs in O... 阅读:61 2017-03-25
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语中“It girl”是什么意思 阅读:136 2016-02-23
- 【听力-日常生活】Shiny Shoes 闪亮的鞋子 阅读:86 2017-06-21
音频点击此处>>>1.He is the black sheep of his family.她是个败家子。2.She's a ...
China is rich in various energy resources. Coal and petroleum, for instance, are two major ones. They are essential i...
A: Have you heard of the new burger place down the street?B: Yes, I have. Have you tried it yet?A: It's the bomb....
A: Why are you eating another apple?B: You know what they say about apples!A: No, I'm afraid I don't know.B: ...
说话说到了心坎里，做事做到了点子上。你的小心思都被人家看透了，这么合人心意，英文你该如何表达?1. Just what the doctor ordere...
A: Where are you going?B: I have to walk the dog.A: What kind of dog do you have?B: I have a little poodle.A: Poodles...
A: I'm sleepy.B: So am I.A: I had a long day.B: So did I.A: I didn't even have lunch.B: Neither did I.A: I wa...
中国外逃的腐败分子是怎样把巨额财产转移到境外的？央行反洗钱部门一直在进行深入研究。日前，央行网站刊发报告指出，我国腐败分子主要通过八种途径向境外转移资产。 请看《中国日报》的报道： Corrupt officials and comp...
1. Start each day with expectation.充满期待的开始新的一天2. Take time to plan and priori...
Speaking good English isn't difficult if you are ready to spend time on it and have more patience. In order to make i...
1.You make me sick!你真让我恶心! 2.Don’t push me !别逼我! 3.What’s wrong with you?你怎...
《冰与火之歌》( A Song of Ice and Fire)是美国著名科幻奇幻小说家乔治·R·R·马丁( George R.R. Martin)一部当...
<P>1989年1月六级作文题及范文</P><P>Directions: The Problem of Human Population <BR> 范文：<BR> It h...
第一步：审题、确定托福立场、列出理由(只需要在草稿纸上用英文单词或汉语列出各个理由，防止遗忘)，最少3分钟最多5分钟。要避免两个极端： a. 用时太少，理由没有想清楚就开始写，不仅造成文章逻辑结构不清，还会引起行文中频繁的修正，欲速则...
A: Spring break starts tomorrow.B: Are you going to go anywhere?A: I was thinking of driving to Arizona.B: To the Gra...
全国人大已将刑诉法修改列入今年的立法计划，这是继1996年修改后的再次大修。专家建议修改“坦白从宽，抗拒从严”口号，废除“如实供诉”条款，不强迫嫌犯自证其罪。 请看新华社的报道： The...