疯狂英语精华Life Chatting Room
Life Chatting Room
Bill: Want to go down to dinner, John? The line is going to close in about half an hour, and I’m hungry.
John: What time is it?
Bill: Six o’clock. You had better go now if you want to eat. They’re serving fish cakes and baked potatoes.
John: I don’t think I’ll go.
Bill: Oh, come on. Get yourself a big salad if you don’t want fish. The 1)dessert will probably be good.
John: No, thanks Bill. I think that I’ll keep studying for a while, and then maybe I’ll order a pizza later.
Bill: 2)Suit yourself. Do you have a test or something?
John: Yeah. It’s not until Monday but I want to go home this weekend.
Bill: 3)Lucky you. Two days of home cooking.
John: Sure be the cafeteria this place.
Bill: True. Well, knock on my door if you decide to get that pizza later.
John: Why? Aren’t you going to eat either?
Bill: Sure. But I’ll be hungry again by ten.
woman: What topic did you finally choose for the 4)term paper for your 5)World Economics class?
Man: After tossing around a few ideas, I finally settled on the difference between Japanese and American styles of management.
woman: Hmm. Why did you choose a topic like that?
Man: Well, I’m planning to study Business in 6)graduate school next year. After that, I hope to start my company.
woman: Isn’t that a 7)coincidence! I’m doing a paper on how Japanese management styles are being adapted by American firms for my 8)Comparative Cultures class.
Man: Why don’t we sit down and share some of our sources after we’ve been to the library?
woman: GREat idea! Should we meet at the 9)snack bar next Wednesday at this time?
Man: That’s fine with me. See you then.
Professor: You’re probably wondering why I asked you to come see me.
Student: Yes, I am. I have been a little worried about it all morning.
Professor: Oh, I should have told you more when I saw you after class, but there were so many students waiting to ask questions. Jean, I wanted to tell you that I have nominated you for the 10)outstanding student award.
Professor: You are clearly the best student in my class, and, as I understand, in the rest of your classes as well. I have talked with your other professors. You see, in order to be chosen for the award, you need to have three professors sign the 11)nomination. Dr. Jones, Dr. Harvey, and Dr. Small were more than glad to do so.
Student: This is such a surprise. I can hardly 12)take it in.
Professor: Well, I think you have a very good chance to win it.
Student: Dr. Foley, the fact that you 13)think highly enough of me to make the nomination is more than enough for me. I’m really happy just to be nominated.
Professor: You 14)deserve it. The 15)selection committee will be calling you to set up an interview. Call me when they do, and I’ll meet with you to give you some suggestions on how to prepare. If you get the award, you’ll receive five hundred dollars along with the 16)certificate of honor.
Student: Thank you so much, Dr. Foley. I’m really honored.
1) dessert [di5zE:t] n. 甜品
2) Suit yourself 自便
3) Lucky you 你真走运
4) term paper 学期论文
5) World Economics 世界经济
6) graduate school 研究生院
7) coincidence [kEu5insidEns] n. 巧合的事
8) Comparative Cultures比较文化
9) snack bar小吃店
10) outstanding student award杰出学生奖
11) nomination [nCmi5neiFEn] n. 提名
12) take it in 接受，相信
13) think highly…of 非常看重
14) deserve 应得，值得
15) selection committee 选拔委员会
16) certificate of honor 荣誉证书
疯狂英语精华Life Chatting Room
- 【阅读-每日英语】Habit cures habit 阅读:38 2017-05-24
- 【阅读-每日英语】全球英语学习网站最新排名 阅读:65 2017-04-27
- 【阅读-每日英语】学习英语幽默句子，掌握高中英语语法，一... 阅读:28 2017-03-24
- 【阅读-每日英语】Children are what t... 阅读:19 2017-06-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】一些变身英语的汉语词汇，你还认识吗？ 阅读:37 2016-10-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】英国女王过生日还有纪录片可以看！ 阅读:27 2016-10-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】短小精悍的英语短句，果然浓缩的都是精华！ 阅读:36 2016-11-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语口语之精华13 阅读:16 2017-10-06
- 【阅读-每日英语】方法得当 事半功倍英语口语学习六大策略 阅读:43 2017-03-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】漫画｜顶级公司的面试什么样？ 阅读:57 2016-11-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】英国人最喜欢说的口语 阅读:41 2016-07-23
- 【阅读-每日英语】十二星座是如何吃巧克力的？（双语） 阅读:20 2016-09-13
- 【阅读-每日英语】轻松一刻：总感到口渴thirsty 阅读:42 2016-10-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】想练好口语？这些推心置腹的话，实在该听！ 阅读:21 2016-10-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】歌曲：听节奏就爱上了 The Week... 阅读:87 2016-08-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】Even Homer sometime... 阅读:69 2017-06-03
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】Up & Down：看上看下 阅读:21 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】懂得感恩的人会做这10件事 阅读:29 2016-10-12
- 【听力-坐公交车】How to Buy a Pass... 阅读:10 2017-10-02
- 【阅读-每日英语】简单的规则，让你明白什么时候大写“... 阅读:13 2016-10-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】各阶段婚姻的浪漫英语称谓 阅读:55 2016-08-29
- 【阅读-每日英语】英文笑话：下雨天 阅读:142 2016-10-18
- 【阅读-每日英语】I Only Want ＄100 阅读:26 2017-08-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】美式幽默，你懂吗？ 阅读:21 2016-10-09
- 【听力-搬进公寓】Asking for Direct... 阅读:12 2017-10-30
- 【阅读-记忆法学习】适合中国人的中文记忆法体系 阅读:39 2016-01-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语拿手好戏一社交性寒暄的全面总结 阅读:21 2017-10-08
- 【阅读-每日英语】“四瓣三叶草”，你听说过吗？ 阅读:95 2016-10-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语口语干货，让你更好地和外国友人交流！ 阅读:43 2016-10-30
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】热点英语单词：杰娜“香格里拉”大婚 阅读:33 2016-02-29
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】英语面试中你需要注意的9个着装细节 阅读:64 2016-02-24
- 【听力-娱乐】A Card Game 纸牌游戏 阅读:19 2017-07-18
The best fish swim near the bottom.好鱼常在水底游。Never offer to teach fish to swim....
Love is blind.[字面意思]爱情是盲目的。[解释]情人眼里出西施。究竟他为什么爱上了她?我是不理解，但谁也说不清。爱情就是这样，正像人们常说的...
A: Good evening. I'm glad you could make it.B: I wouldn't miss this for the world.A: Okay, let's get star...
A: Mom, can you buy me a laptop?妈妈，你可以给我买一部笔记本电脑吗？B: You are only 13.你只有13岁A: Everyone in school has one.在学校的每个同学都有一部...
音频点击此处>>>A: I have to go to the bathroom.A:我得去趟洗手间。B: You drink too ...
A: The fish and chips dish looks delicious!B: Do they let you choose the chips you want?A: Maybe they're just sal...
今天我们要给大家介绍的习惯用语是：cold fish。Cold fish是指那些对人很冷淡，很不友好，根本没有意思和别人友好相处的人。这些人往往不受人欢迎。 下面这个例子就能说明cold fish的意思。一些朋友在准备举行一个聚会，他...
A: I'm tired of living with my sister.B: I don't like living with mine, either.A: There should be a place to ...
1. I can't take you any more! 我再也受不了你啦!2. I hate you! 我讨厌你!3. I'm tel...
水星：Mercury 水星最接近太阳，是太阳系中第二小行星。水星的英文名字Mercury来自罗马神墨丘利。墨丘利也就是希腊神话中的Hermes (赫耳...
if your child intentionally disturbs you,it is because you are not physically...
存完了钱当然要取钱了，只存不用那还赚钱干什么啊。下面是一些取钱时常用的句型，请多多练习哦！ Please tell me how you wish to withdraw your money. 你要怎么取钱？ I want to w...
A: I just missed my bus!B: Oh no! What are you going to do?A: I don't know! The next one comes in ten minutes!B: ...
1A: I have a reservation. My name is John Sandals. B: May I see your ID, please, Mr. Sandals? A: Certainly. Here it i...