疯狂英语精华Life Chatting Room
Life Chatting Room
Bill: Want to go down to dinner, John? The line is going to close in about half an hour, and I’m hungry.
John: What time is it?
Bill: Six o’clock. You had better go now if you want to eat. They’re serving fish cakes and baked potatoes.
John: I don’t think I’ll go.
Bill: Oh, come on. Get yourself a big salad if you don’t want fish. The 1)dessert will probably be good.
John: No, thanks Bill. I think that I’ll keep studying for a while, and then maybe I’ll order a pizza later.
Bill: 2)Suit yourself. Do you have a test or something?
John: Yeah. It’s not until Monday but I want to go home this weekend.
Bill: 3)Lucky you. Two days of home cooking.
John: Sure be the cafeteria this place.
Bill: True. Well, knock on my door if you decide to get that pizza later.
John: Why? Aren’t you going to eat either?
Bill: Sure. But I’ll be hungry again by ten.
woman: What topic did you finally choose for the 4)term paper for your 5)World Economics class?
Man: After tossing around a few ideas, I finally settled on the difference between Japanese and American styles of management.
woman: Hmm. Why did you choose a topic like that?
Man: Well, I’m planning to study Business in 6)graduate school next year. After that, I hope to start my company.
woman: Isn’t that a 7)coincidence! I’m doing a paper on how Japanese management styles are being adapted by American firms for my 8)Comparative Cultures class.
Man: Why don’t we sit down and share some of our sources after we’ve been to the library?
woman: GREat idea! Should we meet at the 9)snack bar next Wednesday at this time?
Man: That’s fine with me. See you then.
Professor: You’re probably wondering why I asked you to come see me.
Student: Yes, I am. I have been a little worried about it all morning.
Professor: Oh, I should have told you more when I saw you after class, but there were so many students waiting to ask questions. Jean, I wanted to tell you that I have nominated you for the 10)outstanding student award.
Professor: You are clearly the best student in my class, and, as I understand, in the rest of your classes as well. I have talked with your other professors. You see, in order to be chosen for the award, you need to have three professors sign the 11)nomination. Dr. Jones, Dr. Harvey, and Dr. Small were more than glad to do so.
Student: This is such a surprise. I can hardly 12)take it in.
Professor: Well, I think you have a very good chance to win it.
Student: Dr. Foley, the fact that you 13)think highly enough of me to make the nomination is more than enough for me. I’m really happy just to be nominated.
Professor: You 14)deserve it. The 15)selection committee will be calling you to set up an interview. Call me when they do, and I’ll meet with you to give you some suggestions on how to prepare. If you get the award, you’ll receive five hundred dollars along with the 16)certificate of honor.
Student: Thank you so much, Dr. Foley. I’m really honored.
1) dessert [di5zE:t] n. 甜品
2) Suit yourself 自便
3) Lucky you 你真走运
4) term paper 学期论文
5) World Economics 世界经济
6) graduate school 研究生院
7) coincidence [kEu5insidEns] n. 巧合的事
8) Comparative Cultures比较文化
9) snack bar小吃店
10) outstanding student award杰出学生奖
11) nomination [nCmi5neiFEn] n. 提名
12) take it in 接受，相信
13) think highly…of 非常看重
14) deserve 应得，值得
15) selection committee 选拔委员会
16) certificate of honor 荣誉证书
疯狂英语精华Life Chatting Room
- 【阅读-每日英语】经典英文哲理句子 阅读:17 2016-10-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】Fools grow without ... 阅读:51 2017-06-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】只有女人才会听到的48句话！ 阅读:17 2016-10-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语阅读美国俚语 阅读:13 2017-11-03
- 【阅读-每日英语】Custom is a second ... 阅读:47 2017-06-24
- 【阅读-每日英语】外国人常说的8句话，尽情的发泄坏心情！ 阅读:26 2016-10-30
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语中的这些词千万不能乱用，它们可能还... 阅读:62 2016-11-03
- 【阅读-每日英语】感人单曲《Because of You》 阅读:47 2016-11-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语六级必背范文个人简历 通知二 阅读:18 2017-12-15
- 【阅读-每日英语】常用口语缩略词，这个必须收藏噢！ 阅读:23 2016-10-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】你超想知道怎么说的英语 阅读:16 2016-10-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】六个月内学会任何一门外语的方法 阅读:37 2016-09-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】报复心较强的五大星座，你中枪了吗？ 阅读:19 2016-10-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】A young idler, an o... 阅读:25 2017-07-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】刷爆朋友圈的漫画：抑郁总是悄无声息的来... 阅读:44 2016-11-06
- 【阅读-每日英语】“打岔”“插嘴”时如何用英语引入话题？ 阅读:180 2016-08-20
- 【听力-学校生活对话】学校生活对话听力7:Forgett... 阅读:67 2016-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语阅读WEBSITESREC... 阅读:23 2017-09-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】别说老外笑点低，是因为你没get到内涵！ 阅读:28 2016-10-27
- 【听力-学校生活对话】学校生活对话听力12：Eating... 阅读:45 2016-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】Olympic Village b... 阅读:19 2017-07-22
- 【阅读-每日英语】高冷英国皇室腔的十大发音秘诀 阅读:38 2016-09-10
- 【阅读-每日英语】让人深信不疑的十大哲理 阅读:18 2016-10-14
- 【阅读-每日英语】不查词典肯定会弄错的词汇 阅读:34 2016-09-29
- 【阅读-每日英语】＂心＂意知多少！ 阅读:18 2016-10-14
- 【阅读-每日英语】Never teach fish ... 阅读:28 2017-08-29
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语单词不如“蜗居”-的故事 阅读:46 2016-02-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】哲理美句：含着眼泪奔跑的人 阅读:79 2016-10-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】端午佳节与白蛇传的故事 阅读:26 2017-02-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】劝说小女儿洗澡，妈妈也是够费力了 阅读:38 2016-10-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】商务英语阅读技巧报刊词汇 阅读:19 2017-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】Thought is the se... 阅读:26 2017-08-18
A: This is a weird looking golf club.B: That's not a golf club.A: What is it, then?B: It's a hockey stick.A: ...
A: Let's go for a ride.B: Where are we going?A: Into the mountains.B: That sounds nice.A: I want to show you my n...
A: Good morning. Are you the mailman?B: Good morning to you, and yes, I am. What gave it away?A: Your uniform was a c...
众所周知，越是趣味的东西越是容易被记住，英语方面也是如此，小编带你学习一下十二星座的专属口头禅，涨逼格很简单! Ries' key phrase...
1 爱的细语There's A Kind Of Hush 2 阳光季节 Seasons In The Sun 3 唱首忧郁的歌 Song Sung...
Give it a shot 是什么意思？可不是“打一枪”哦。要表达“很努力地(做一件事)”怎么说？下面就让小编来告诉你吧。 1. Give it a shot! 试试看！ A: It ...
今天我们要学习的每日一句英语是：Once a knave ,ever a knave 一失足成千古恨.Once a knave ,ever a knave
A: Hey, what's that you're eating?B: It's steamed rice cake. My grandma made it.A: Does it taste good?B: ...
An empty street, an empty houseA hole inside my heartI'm all alone, the rooms are getting smaller.I wonder how, I won...
通过词根记单词18:em-,en- ① 表示"进入…之中，包围" embrace拥抱（em+brace胳膊→进入怀抱） embed安置；嵌于（em+bed范围；床→进入范围→安置） empathy感情相融的（em+pathy感情...
Easter is a Christian holiday that celebrates the resurrection of the dead of Jesus Christ as told in the Bible. C...
A: I don't like that man.B: Why not?A: He's a dirty old man.B: What do you mean?A: He's old enough to be ...
around quietly, out of the window in the moonlight Man Liu thick leaves, I Roujin on the table in light. Looking at t...