【双语有声阅读】Private Schools 私立学校
Public school is available for kids from kindergarten through 12th grade free of charge. However, many families choose to pay for their children's primary and secondary education by sending them to private schools. There are many different types of private schools and many different reasons why parents send their kids there. Some private schools are military type and yet others are boarding schools where students live on campus. Some private schools are affiliated with a certain religion. These schools teach a specific faith's beliefs and traditions as well as the regular academic subjects. There are schools run by Catholics, Protestants, Jewish people, Muslims, and Orthodox Christians. There are also private schools that specialize in teaching disabled students.
Some parents choose private schools because they feel that they offer a better education than public schools; others choose private schools because they offer a different type of curriculum. Waldorf Schools, for example, only let children play and use items made of natural materials.
Private schools are also called independent schools or non-state schools because they are not run by local, state, or national governments. They can pick what students to go to their schools. They do this through admission examinations and interviews. There is often an admissions application. Some private schools accept anyone who can pay tuition, or money to send their children there. Some schools charge up to $45,000 a year. Private schools charge tuition because they do not get any money collected from local, state and national taxes. Some private schools offer a limited number of scholarships to help pay for school. Many of these scholarships are need-based, meaning for students who can't afford the tuition. Other scholarships are offered for students with very good grades or for students that have a talent in a sport or art.
- 上一篇： 【双语有声阅读】The California College and University System 加利福尼亚学院与大学制度
- 下一篇： 【双语有声阅读】 Parent-Teacher Conferences 教师家长会谈
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 The Fourth... 阅读:88 2016-07-16
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Museum Mile... 阅读:47 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Don''t be T... 阅读:125 2017-01-06
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Tonya Hardi... 阅读:36 2016-11-24
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Bride and G... 阅读:156 2016-12-31
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】美国阵亡将士纪念日 M... 阅读:61 2016-11-15
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 The Attack... 阅读:80 2017-02-03
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】What is in ... 阅读:43 2016-12-20
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 One Countr... 阅读:39 2017-01-11
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Section 8 ... 阅读:37 2016-12-16
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 A Building... 阅读:83 2017-02-04
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】西方基督教的重要节日-... 阅读:73 2016-11-12
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 A Bewitche... 阅读:159 2017-01-19
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】A Kid''s Pa... 阅读:74 2016-12-27
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Lottery 彩票... 阅读:101 2016-11-17
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The San Fra... 阅读:110 2017-02-05
- 【阅读-英语语法大全】1.6 不同国家的人的单复数 阅读:129 2016-01-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语拿手好戏卡11 阅读:57 2017-09-21
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“真是太好笑了”在英语中怎么说 阅读:72 2016-02-19
- 【听力-在银行】Reporting Wrong C... 阅读:19 2017-08-17
- 【阅读-每日英语】蜜月就要无比浪漫，世界8大蜜月圣地 阅读:50 2016-09-20
- 【听力-旅行】Shuttle Bus at th... 阅读:47 2017-04-12
- 【阅读-每日英语】1998年1月六级作文题及作文范文 阅读:34 2018-01-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】【语音版】男人也八卦：我还单身，都... 阅读:35 2016-10-27
- 【听力-娱乐】Anime Series 日本电视动画 阅读:22 2017-02-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】每个句子都值得细细品味，不收藏你会... 阅读:68 2016-09-23
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】通过词根记单词2:词根ab-,abs- 阅读:88 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】“时髦”和“暴露”的衣服 阅读:55 2017-04-14
- 【阅读-每日英语】Of Friendship 阅读:55 2017-12-24
- 【听力-运动】Snowboard 滑雪板 阅读:45 2017-01-31
- 【听力-日常生活】Spyware 间谍软件,后门程式 阅读:39 2017-06-26
- 【阅读-每日英语】A young idler, an... 阅读:59 2017-07-05
●喜欢、爱上……汤姆是个美男子。Tom is a lady-killer. *lady-killer直译是“少女杀手”，其实不是杀手，而是指一下子就能迷住女人的男子。Tom dates around a lot. (汤姆和好多女人...
A: I was fired from my part-time job.B: Why did you get fired?A: My boss said I was too irresponsible. B: Didn't ...
有些同学关于"All right"和"That's all right"这两个短语分不太清楚，今天Swag...
相信软实力这个概念你已经耳熟能详了，但是你听说过“巧实力”吗？ 请看相关报道： US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday that the co...
1. Do you have any pet peeve? 你有什么样的怪毛病吗? 所谓的 pet peeve 就是个人生活习惯上的一些小毛病, 例如...
A: It's Sunday.B: So?A: You know what that means.B: I forgot.A: Sunday means we go to church.B: Oh, yeah.A: Put o...
A: Honey, this steak looks delicious.B: Yes, it does, Michael. It has a nice color.A: Yum, and it's perfectly coo...
1A: Can I ask you some questions about the in-flight instructions?B: I would be happy to help you clarify anything yo...
There is inside youall of the potentialto be whatever you want to be,all of the energyto do whatever you want to do.I...
A Spring Festival to visit relatives back home, Xiao-Lan passenger seat of the car, accidentally samples of the river...
The fate of the world will soon be decided. The 1)dominion of evil grows even stronger. There is a union now, between...