【双语有声阅读】Private Schools 私立学校
Public school is available for kids from kindergarten through 12th grade free of charge. However, many families choose to pay for their children's primary and secondary education by sending them to private schools. There are many different types of private schools and many different reasons why parents send their kids there. Some private schools are military type and yet others are boarding schools where students live on campus. Some private schools are affiliated with a certain religion. These schools teach a specific faith's beliefs and traditions as well as the regular academic subjects. There are schools run by Catholics, Protestants, Jewish people, Muslims, and Orthodox Christians. There are also private schools that specialize in teaching disabled students.
Some parents choose private schools because they feel that they offer a better education than public schools; others choose private schools because they offer a different type of curriculum. Waldorf Schools, for example, only let children play and use items made of natural materials.
Private schools are also called independent schools or non-state schools because they are not run by local, state, or national governments. They can pick what students to go to their schools. They do this through admission examinations and interviews. There is often an admissions application. Some private schools accept anyone who can pay tuition, or money to send their children there. Some schools charge up to $45,000 a year. Private schools charge tuition because they do not get any money collected from local, state and national taxes. Some private schools offer a limited number of scholarships to help pay for school. Many of these scholarships are need-based, meaning for students who can't afford the tuition. Other scholarships are offered for students with very good grades or for students that have a talent in a sport or art.
- 上一篇： 【双语有声阅读】The California College and University System 加利福尼亚学院与大学制度
- 下一篇： 【双语有声阅读】 Parent-Teacher Conferences 教师家长会谈
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Space Shut... 阅读:58 2016-10-26
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Woodstock: ... 阅读:64 2017-01-10
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】漏洞百出的移民检查站 ... 阅读:198 2016-11-18
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 One Countr... 阅读:45 2017-01-11
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Renting an ... 阅读:60 2016-12-22
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Facebook 社... 阅读:82 2017-01-07
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Thanksgivin... 阅读:125 2016-11-17
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Non-tradit... 阅读:132 2017-02-07
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The San Fra... 阅读:171 2017-02-05
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Columbus Da... 阅读:182 2016-11-15
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】The Griffit... 阅读:264 2017-01-12
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Attachment... 阅读:128 2016-12-28
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】New Year's ... 阅读:79 2016-11-07
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 A Nation W... 阅读:120 2017-01-22
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】 Parent-Tea... 阅读:192 2017-02-09
- 【阅读-美国文化和习俗】【双语有声阅读】Keeping a D... 阅读:336 2016-11-27
- 【听力-解雇】Payment Not Recei... 阅读:52 2017-04-13
- 【阅读-每日英语】如何用英语优雅地表达“身体被掏空” 阅读:161 2016-10-29
- 【阅读-每日英语】A tall tree catch... 阅读:81 2017-08-11
- 【阅读-每日英语】【趣图】童真的世界，还能比这更美好吗？ 阅读:65 2016-10-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】科学与技术Science and ... 阅读:58 2018-01-03
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语阅读I,StrahdThe... 阅读:72 2017-10-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】我只是在必要的时候才会勇敢 阅读:182 2016-10-20
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】买东西必备的口语 你都会了吗？ 阅读:121 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】关于“优衣库”你知道多少？ 阅读:132 2016-09-13
- 【听力-在旅店】Calling to Report... 阅读:237 2017-03-01
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语口语：“真玄”怎么说 阅读:85 2016-02-19
- 【听力-开车】Buying a New Car 买新车 阅读:107 2017-01-12
- 【听力-交通运输】What Will People ... 阅读:66 2017-08-09
- 【阅读-每日英语】Do nothing by halves 阅读:31 2018-06-08
- 【听力-健康】Calling about Tes... 阅读:35 2017-07-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】轻松学好英语的十个秘诀！！ 阅读:117 2018-02-03
A: Dad, why do you like fishing so much?B: Fishing is a good way to clear your mind.A: Is that because everything is ...
1. I hate you the least.我最不讨厌你。2. You're the one I text when I'm drun...
A: Let's go to the animal shelter.B: What do you want to do?A: I want to get a puppy for my son.B: That will make...
BEIJING, Aug. 8 (Xinhua) -- In the most spectacular fashion in Olympic histor...
A rich old farmer, who felt that he had not many more days to live, called his sons to his bedside. 有一个富有的老农民感觉自己就要不久...
在英语里，蓝色可是个有意思的词。它象征贵族，象征优雅，可居然还是色情的代表颜色，这个“蓝”还真是够复杂。今天我们就来侃侃这个词。 1. In a blue mood, having the blues 悲伤，犹...
A: How was your first day of work?你第一天上班怎么样？B: It was terrible. 很糟糕。A: What happened?发生什么事了？B: My coworkers bullied m...
A: I can't wait until I graduate.B: Me too.A: No more homework.B: I hate homework.A: Are you going to college?B: ...
1. Aries 白羊座You got: The United States你适合居住在：美国You’re independent, energe...
1、 Abstemious, Arsenious and Facetious这三个词(节俭的、含砷的、玩笑的)中依次按顺序包含了所有的元音字母：a, e,...
A: Did you get the invitation to my party?B: The invitation came in the mail yesterday.A: I was worried it got lost i...
A: I would like to reserve The Hunger Games. B: Everyone wants to reserve that book these days.A: It's really pop...
Wishing you a song in your heart at Christmas and blessings all year long.圣诞之...
Do you check your phone all day long? The average person turns on their phon...