Pippi Moves into Villa Villekulla
Way out at the end of a tiny little town was an old overgrown garden, and in the garden was an old house, and in the house lived Pippi Longstocking. She was nine years old, and she lived there all alone. She had no mother and no father, and that was of course very nice because there was no one to tell her to go to bed just when she was having the most fun, and no one who could make her take cod liver oil when she much preferred caramel candy.
Once upon a time Pippi had had a father of whom she was extremely fond. Naturally she had had a mother too, but that was so long ago that Pippi didn't remember her at all. Her mother had died when Pippi was just a tiny baby and lay in a cradle and howled so that nobody could go anywhere near her. Pippi was sure that her mother was now up in Heaven, watching her little girl through a peephole in the sky, and Pippi often waved up at her and called, "Don't you worry about me. I'1l always come out on top."
很久以前，皮皮有过爸爸，她极其喜欢自己的爸爸。当然她也有过妈妈，但是这是许久以前了，皮皮一点也不记得了。当皮皮还是一个小婴儿躺在摇蓝里的时 候，她的妈妈就去世了。她号啕大哭，谁都不敢靠近她。皮皮相信她的妈妈正在天堂里，通过天上的一个小孔看着她的小女儿，皮皮经常对她挥挥手，呼喊着:“不 用担心我，我会过得很好。”
Pippi had not forgotten her father. He was a sea captain who sailed on the great ocean,and Pippi had sailed with him in his ship until one day her father was blown overboard in a storm and disappeared. But Pippi was absolutely certain that he would come back.She would never believe that he had drowned; she was sure he had floated until he landed on an island inhabited by cannibals. And she thought he had become the king of all the cannibals and went around with a golden crown on his head all day along.
皮皮没有忘记她的爸爸。他是一个海上的船长，航行在无边无际的大海上，皮皮曾经和他一起在他的船上航行，直到有一天爸爸在一场风暴中被刮下了船，消 失了。但是，皮皮完全相信他会回来的。她绝不相信他会溺水而死，她相信他在海上漂流，漂到一个黑人居住的岛屿上。她想他当上了黑人国王，头上戴着一顶金冠 整日四处走动。
"My papa is a cannibal king; it certainly isn't every child who has such a stylish papa," Pippi used to say with satisfaction. "And as soon as my papa has built himself a boat he will come and get me, and I'll be a cannibal princess. Heigh-ho, won't that be exciting?"
Her father had bought the old house in the garden many years ago. He thought he would live there with Pippi when he grew old and couldn't sail the seas any longer. And then this annoying thing had to happen, that he was blown into the ocean, and while Pippi was waiting for him to come back she went straight home to Villa Villekulla. That was the name of the house. It stood there ready and waiting for her. One lovely summer evening she had said good-by to all the sailors on her father's boat. They were all fond of Pippi, and she of them.
许多年前，她的爸爸就买下了花园里的房子。他想等他老了，再也不能出海了，就和皮皮住在这里。之后这件讨厌的事情发生了，他被刮进了大海。而皮皮要 等着爸爸回来，她直接住进了维拉维洛古拉的家。维拉维洛古拉，这就是房子的名字，它坐落在那里，准备就绪，等待着她。一个令人愉快的夏夜，她告别了爸爸船 上所有的水手，他们全都喜欢皮皮，皮皮也喜欢他们。
"So long, boys," she said and kissed each one on the forehead. "Don't you worry about me. I'll always come out on top."
Two things she took with her from the ship: a little monkey whose name was Mr. Nilsson--he was a present from her father-and a big suitcase full of gold pieces. The sailors stood upon the deck and watched as long as they could see her. She walked straight ahead without looking back at all, with Mr. Nilsson on her shoulder and her suitcase in her hand.
"A remarkable child," said one of the sailors as Pippi disappeared in the distance.
He was right. Pippi was indeed a remarkable child. The most remarkable thing about her was that she was so strong. She was so very strong that in the whole wide world there was not a single police officer as strong as she. Why, she could lift a whole horse if she wanted to! And she had bought with one of her many gold pieces the day she came home to Villa Villekulla. She had always longed for a horse, anct now here he was, living on the porch. When Pippi wanted to drink her afternoon coffee there, she simply lifted him down into the garden.
他是对的。皮皮确实是一个了不起的孩子。她最非同寻常的地方是她力大无穷。她力气大极了，恐怕世界上没有一个警察能和她一样。为什么呢，如果她想的 话，她能举起一整匹马!当她来到维拉维洛古拉这个家的时候，用一块金币买了一匹马。她一直渴望能有一匹马，现在他就住在门廊里。当皮皮想在门廊上喝下午的 咖啡时，她只要把马举到花园里去。
1.这是一个由“and'连接的并列句，由三个简单的倒装句构成.当表示方位的介词或介词短语置于句首时，句子倒装，如“in”(在里面)，"at the end of "(在...尽头)，"in the middle of"〔在……之中)等。副词短语“way out”表示“远离”之义。
3.“come out on top”有“占优势，脱颖而出，出人头地，大有成就，获取胜刊.”等意思。皮皮用到这一短语，表示她非常自信，相信自己完全能照顾好自己的一切。
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】短信诈骗?看外国人如何应付英语短信诈骗 阅读:304 2016-10-17
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】英语面试中你需要注意的9个着装细节 阅读:170 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】童话故事：皮皮搬进维拉维洛古拉 阅读:262 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】用英语吐槽：我为什么害怕过春节？ 阅读:171 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】外媒评论：智能机霸天下 猜还有多少人看电视？ 阅读:160 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】为什么siri等电子设备指令声都是女声 阅读:224 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】儿童文学教给我们的大道理 阅读:240 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】英语面试中如何有效地介绍自己 阅读:168 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】外国人最爱表情包TOP10 你猜哪个排第一 阅读:580 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】过年最怕亲戚问这10个问题 中招了么 阅读:184 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】委内瑞拉汽油价暴涨95倍 阅读:144 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】单词怎么记才事半功倍?老外亲授视频教学 阅读:165 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】英语中“引力波” gravitat... 阅读:219 2016-02-21
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】科普：什么是引力波，又是如何被证实的（... 阅读:326 2016-02-21
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】英语中英语你未必知道的9个冷知识 阅读:180 2016-02-24
- 【阅读-英语趣味阅读】我国都有哪些英语等级考试 阅读:185 2016-05-08
- 【阅读-每日英语】“to”这个词，你的发音老土吗？ 阅读:110 2016-10-18
- 【听力-工作】职场英语对话听力10：A Bad ... 阅读:126 2016-03-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】Olympic victory c... 阅读:60 2017-07-26
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】细说英语单词：各种“替身” 阅读:109 2016-02-21
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】英语单词“订婚戒指”怎么说 阅读:101 2016-02-21
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】如何用英语为老外指路 阅读:96 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】博尔特，你的对手在这里! 阅读:54 2016-10-31
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】childrens numeric... 阅读:49 2018-07-29
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语口语：露天电影 阅读:251 2016-08-30
- 【阅读-每日英语】快乐法则five simple r... 阅读:56 2018-03-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】潮人教你选墨镜：脸型与镜框如何完美搭配 阅读:60 2016-10-24
- 【阅读-每日英语】疯狂英语拿手好戏十五文化经济交流使者 阅读:64 2017-10-11
- 【阅读-每日英语】【英文歌曲】 If Time Is... 阅读:131 2016-06-05
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】环保与经济发展 阅读:12 2018-09-16
- 【阅读-考研英语作文】Are 阅读:31 2018-08-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】这些善意的谎言，你说过吗？ 阅读:180 2016-08-07
A: Why do you seem so tired today?B: I stayed up all night watching that new anime.A: You stayed up to watch it again...
A --active 积极：无论是在生活，还是工作上，他们都拥有积极奋发，进取乐观的心态。 B --brave 勇敢：勇敢是大丈夫能屈能伸，是面对竞争对手时淡定从容，是用心征服浩翰宇宙的磅礴大气。 C --civilization 文...
College entrance exam shapes education landscapeBEIJING -- China's college entrance examination (CEE) in 1977 and 197...
A: Hi! Sorry I took so long to meet you.B: That's alright, we have plenty of time.A: Who is that girl sleeping on...
1. Buy someone's coffee.为他人买杯咖啡2. Smile.微笑3. Give what you can.尽你所能地付出4. ...
1. That wasn't very clever.那样做可不怎么明智。2. I can't take it anymore.我可再也受...
Everyday English:God has no blind eyesWedding night, husband deep feeling of say to the wife:"Dear of, I love you, I ...
Every dog has his day凡人皆有得意日Every dog has his day
1A: I was wondering if I could order something to drink.B: Yes, we have alcoholic beverages as well as coffee, tea, o...
1. Santa Klaus was created by Coca-Cola and he has been featured in Coke ads ...
比尔盖茨10大经典语录英文版 1. 生活是不公平的，要去适应它。 Life is not fair, get used to it. 2.世界并不会在意你的自尊。这世界指望你在自我感觉良好之前先要有所成就。 The ...
光棍节的英文：Singles' Day 或 Singles Day 或 Bachelor's day 光棍节产生于校园，并通过网络等媒介传播，逐渐形成了一种光棍节的文化。如：1月1日是小光棍节，1月11日和11月1日是...
A: Some guy rowed across the Atlantic Ocean.B: Good for him.A: Why would he do that?B: Did he set a new record?A: Yes...
一、训练说明： 相比用串联联想法来记忆数字，记忆扑克牌的训练要复杂得多，也难得多，但正因为如此，这项训练对记忆能力的提高作用也是非常显着的。 扑克牌记忆，如果想要记忆得最快、最多、最牢，想要参加竞技比赛，需要用地点桩来进行记...
A: Hi! How are you doing today?嘿，你今天过的怎样。B: I am fine.我很好。A: Just so you know, we have a huge sale today.你也知道，我们今天的销售...