Please Set the Table
Please Set the Table
I have to stay in the kitchen. I don't want the food to burn. Would you pleaseset the table?
Of course , Mother.
* * *MRS MILLER:
Did you put two forks with each plate?
Yes , I did.
Are the salt and pepper shakers on the table?
Oh , no , they're not. I'll get them now.
Did you use the new glasses?
Yes , I did.
Does the table look nice?
I think so, Mother.
I hear the bell. Please open the door, Mary.
"Food really tastes good cooked over an open fire," Lloyd remarked as he took another bite of his hot dog.
"It sure does," replied Fred. "I wish this weren't the last night of our camping trip, but school starts next week. "
A couple of days after returning home, Lloyd and Fred took the exposed film out of their camera and took it to the camera shop to be developed. They were told that the pictures would be ready Thursday. Thursday was just two days away. Fred and Lloyd could hardly wait to see how their pictures came out. They planned to show their pictures to everyone at school as soon as school was back in session.
Fred and Lloyd felt very pleased when they showed their teacher the pictures they had taken on their vacation. She said that they were some of the most interesting pictures she had seen.
Questions on TextB
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
Who Waits for Whom?
Mr and Mrs Allen go grocery shopping on Saturday mornings. Mr Allen never enjoys these trips. Mrs Allen does the shopping and he sits in the car and waits for her. This morning there were a lot of people and it took Mrs Allen longer than usual. An hour went by and finally a man came up to Mr Allen. "Excuse me," he said, "is your name Allen? Your wife is waiting for you at the check-out counter. She doesn't have enough money for the groceries ! "
- 会引起歧义的英语短语，体检时你还敢说body-check吗？ 阅读:85 2016-09-09
- 短小精悍的英语短句，果然浓缩的都是精华！ 阅读:64 2016-11-09
- 学习英语幽默句子，掌握高中英语语法，一箭四雕！ 阅读:46 2017-03-24
- “角色和台词”怎么说 阅读:45 2016-02-19
- Fasten Your Seatbelt 请系紧你的安全带 阅读:61 2017-03-20
- 永不褪色的经典英文电影台词 阅读:113 2016-09-04
- 什么是“walked nude” 阅读:83 2016-03-01
- 从“一词多意”开始了解歪果仁的幽默 阅读:39 2016-10-31
- Choosing a Gift 挑选礼物 阅读:33 2017-05-15
- 什么是“照片炸弹”？ 阅读:94 2016-02-23
- Sightseeing 观光、游览 阅读:41 2017-03-19
- Oil Change 换机油 阅读:113 2017-01-22
- Health Insurance 健康保险 阅读:18 2017-07-08
- 精彩的聚会，怎么少得了棒棒的口语！ 阅读:30 2016-10-10
- 知道这12个地道英语习语的起源，你也就无敌了 阅读:64 2016-10-29
- Qin Chun people everywhere 阅读:34 2017-12-19
60.In this world, only those men who really feel happy can give women happiness. 61．当一个人谁都不爱的时候，他就可以爱上身边的任何一个人。61.If...
A: I think your grading policy is unfair.B: I beg your pardon?!A: Why is a 90% a B?B: I'm trying to challenge you...
A: Did you feel the earthquake last night?B: Yes, the whole house was shaking!A: I was afraid the windows would shatt...
A: There's a huge rip here.B: But there's tape on it!A: Did you put the tape there?B: No, it was there before...
1A: So what do you think I should do to fix up the interior of my house?B: A fresh coat of paint is the number one im...
我订了一张桌子。I've booked a table.我没有预订。We haven't booked.要室外的桌位，如果可能的话。I'd like to get a table outside, if pos...
The phrase “online security guard”, which literally means “white clan” in Ch...
A: I saw what you did.B: I didn't do anything.A: Oh yes, you did.B: What are you talking about?A: You know what I...
Traveling Abroad 英语作文范文 Currently, people in growing numbers are seeking to make tours in other countries. As is vivi...
《暴风雨》(The Tempest) 是莎士比亚的悲喜剧作品，普遍认为是莎士比亚最后一部独自完成的戏剧，且具有悲喜剧的性质，因此被称为“传奇剧”。故事讲述...
1. I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die ...
Five这个词大家肯定熟到不能再熟了，不就是个数字嘛，简单！可是你有没有听过下面这两个和five相关的表达呢？那可就未必了。不信？就来看看吧！ 1. Give me five! 千万别当成是“给我五块钱!”,...
A: This floor is falling apart.B: How can you tell?A: Are you kidding me? Step over here.B: You're right. The flo...
Bad news has wings好事不出门，坏事传千里。 Bad news has wings