After a Heavy Snowstorm
After a Heavy Snowstorm
One night there was a heavy snowstorm, and in the morning Mr Smith's garden was full of deep snow. Mr Smith wanted to take his car out, so he paid a man to clean the path from his garage to his gate. He said to this man, "Don't throw any snow on that side, because it will damage the bushes in my garden; and don't throw any snow into the street, or the police will be angry. " Then Mr Smith went out.
When he came back, the path was clean and the snow from it was not on the bushes, or the fence, or the street. Mr Smith was very pleased-until he opened the garage to get his car out! The garage was full to the top with all the snow from the path, and his car was somewhere under it all!
No Baseball Today
PETER: Can you play baseball with me today?
JoHN: No, I can't. I'm sorry. I have to help my mother. We're going to move tomorrow.
PETER: Where's the new house? Is it far from here?
JoHN: No, it's not far. It's near our old house.
PETER: Can I help you pack?
JoHN: Sure. Thanks.
* * *
PETER: What can I do?
JoHN: Take the books out of the bookcase. Put them in this box.
PETER: Well, the books are in the box. What can I do now?
JoHN: Take the magazines out of the bookcase. Put them in that box.
PETER: All right.
JoHN: Peter ! Pack them. Don't read them.
PETER: These magazines are interesting. May I borrow one?
JOHN: Of course.
PETER: Thanks, John.
Quiestions on Text B
7. Read the foilowing passage once. Undertine the key words whiie reading and retell the story to your partner.
A Better Mailman !
I worked as a mailman for a short time. However, I am afraid of dogs and I had a lot of trouble. One day I tried to deliver some letters to a big house. I started to open the gate and all of a sudden a huge dog ran toward me. It growled and barked at me , so I threw the letters over the fence. The dog picked them up and carried them into the house. The dog was a better mailman than I was!
- “Dynamite”不仅仅是炸弹的意思 阅读:35 2016-02-19
- Conversation: 10. Hailing a Cab 阅读:10 2017-01-12
- My Laptop Is So Slow 我的手提电脑运行速度变慢了 阅读:63 2017-01-16
- 蜜月就要无比浪漫，世界8大蜜月圣地 阅读:33 2016-09-20
- 被UCLA录取啦，蔡康永就是我校友了 阅读:83 2016-10-24
- Write to Your Grandma 给奶奶（外婆）写信 阅读:18 2017-01-08
- 英语中“回巢族”怎么说 阅读:84 2016-02-20
- 疯狂英语阅读Last Year’s Christmas Bill 阅读:31 2017-09-06
- Discussing Test Results 讨论检查结果 阅读:26 2017-05-27
- 细说英语单词：“aha moment”是什么意思 阅读:90 2016-02-21
- 细说英语单词：cyberslacking“网络摸鱼” 阅读:22 2016-02-21
- 【双语有声阅读】 The Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum 美国洛杉矶纪念体育馆 阅读:27 2016-10-26
- 实用英语口语：该干活了！ 阅读:43 2016-02-19
- Health Club Membership 健康俱乐部的会员 阅读:37 2017-04-04
- 伊索寓言原创翻译41：The Wild Boar and the Fox 野猪与狐狸 阅读:115 2016-03-10
- 做客礼貌用语 阅读:125 2016-02-19
这个"秘密男朋友"可不是说是你出轨、或是脚踏两只船找的另外一个男朋友，而是指你秘密的同性恋"男友"。到底是怎么回事呢？一起来看一看吧。 1. It's a place where you c...
Never too late to turn. 亡羊补牢，犹未晚也。 Never too late to turn
"If Tetris has taught me anything, it's that errors pile up and acco...
通过词根记单词1:词根a- 1、a- ① 加在单词或词根前面，表示"不，无，非" acentric 无中心的（a+centric中心的） asocial 不好社交的（a+social好社交的） amoral 非道德性的（a+m...
A: I'm going to quit school.我打算辍学了。B: I don't recommend that.我不建议那样做。A: Don't worry. I'm going to sta...
要学好口语，就要理解美国人的思维方式，这是交流的关键，这里总结出6种技巧。 第一，如何用英文简单界定一个东西的技巧。 美国人和美国人交谈80%是想告诉对方这个事物是什么。例如：Where is the book?（这本书在哪儿？）...
Pen 钢笔 古代欧洲人曾使用芦苇杆制成的“笔”，写在纸莎草做成的“纸”上。约在公元七世纪出现“翎管管”，即用天鹅或大雁的翎管做笔。 ...
A: I am going to get the meatloaf.B: Get anything but the meatloaf.A: What's wrong with meatloaf?B: I got food po...
1A: What can I help you with?B: I need to hire you.A: What do you need me for?B: I need you for my court date.A: What...
小丫：“每一首小诗都值得反复朗读，直至融入血液！如果能反复听录音带，效果会更好！” I know you’re going to make it.It may take time and hard work.It may take s...
如果你的朋友要倒车，要你帮忙看看后面有没有车子，你该怎么给他提示呢？不知道也没有关系，下面就来告诉你。 1. You can back your car now, my side is clear. 你现在可以倒车了，我这边己净空了。...