After a Heavy Snowstorm
After a Heavy Snowstorm
One night there was a heavy snowstorm, and in the morning Mr Smith's garden was full of deep snow. Mr Smith wanted to take his car out, so he paid a man to clean the path from his garage to his gate. He said to this man, "Don't throw any snow on that side, because it will damage the bushes in my garden; and don't throw any snow into the street, or the police will be angry. " Then Mr Smith went out.
When he came back, the path was clean and the snow from it was not on the bushes, or the fence, or the street. Mr Smith was very pleased-until he opened the garage to get his car out! The garage was full to the top with all the snow from the path, and his car was somewhere under it all!
No Baseball Today
PETER: Can you play baseball with me today?
JoHN: No, I can't. I'm sorry. I have to help my mother. We're going to move tomorrow.
PETER: Where's the new house? Is it far from here?
JoHN: No, it's not far. It's near our old house.
PETER: Can I help you pack?
JoHN: Sure. Thanks.
* * *
PETER: What can I do?
JoHN: Take the books out of the bookcase. Put them in this box.
PETER: Well, the books are in the box. What can I do now?
JoHN: Take the magazines out of the bookcase. Put them in that box.
PETER: All right.
JoHN: Peter ! Pack them. Don't read them.
PETER: These magazines are interesting. May I borrow one?
JOHN: Of course.
PETER: Thanks, John.
Quiestions on Text B
7. Read the foilowing passage once. Undertine the key words whiie reading and retell the story to your partner.
A Better Mailman !
I worked as a mailman for a short time. However, I am afraid of dogs and I had a lot of trouble. One day I tried to deliver some letters to a big house. I started to open the gate and all of a sudden a huge dog ran toward me. It growled and barked at me , so I threw the letters over the fence. The dog picked them up and carried them into the house. The dog was a better mailman than I was!
- 【旅游英语】我能把这个打包带走吗？Can I this to go? 阅读:247 2017-03-16
- 【双语有声阅读】 Rockefeller Center 纽约洛克菲勒中心 阅读:22 2017-02-04
- 英语单词久违的“橡皮”的故事 阅读:17 2016-02-19
- 改掉这5个坏习惯让你的生活更健康 阅读:60 2017-02-19
- 细说英语单词：“forest bathing”森林浴 阅读:30 2016-02-21
- 2017 China Itinerant Floor Technology Promotion and Exchange Meeting Kicked off in Tianjin 阅读:63 2017-04-22
- 用英语不说名字形容自己的国家，看你能猜中几个！ 阅读:35 2016-10-19
- 【双语有声阅读】Vacation Time 假期时光 阅读:32 2016-12-24
- 花式跳绳锦标赛，瑞典妹子们让你眼花缭乱~ 阅读:28 2016-11-10
- 有关钱的日常英语口语 阅读:36 2016-08-19
- 英语单词攀登艺术的殿堂的故事 阅读:35 2016-02-19
- 英语中“噱头”怎么说 阅读:18 2016-02-23
- Guitar Lessons 吉他课 阅读:23 2017-06-27
- 献给低头族的英语视频：我有422个朋友，但我很孤单！ 阅读:39 2016-09-13
- 热点英语单词：“辐射牛” 阅读:34 2016-02-29
- 英语中“闰日”怎么说 阅读:97 2016-03-03
挪威奥斯陆斯佩克特姆音乐堂21日举行全国悼念日活动，悼念一个月前在奥斯陆市中心爆炸案和于特岛枪击案中的77名遇难者。 请看相关报道： Addressing over 6,000 people who gathered in Oslo'...
钓个金龟婿是许多女孩的梦想，毕竟现实的生活太残酷，奋斗也太艰难了，但是这个行业的竞争实在激烈，所以很多人退而求其次，改傍大款了，只是多数大款都不年轻了，由此引出了我们这个“老少配”的话题。 1. That ma...
广州国际台球及配套设施展组委会GBE Committee关于开展“Lucky Pool”2017广州国际台球及配套设施展境内外专业采购商参观企业之旅About‘Luck Pool’: A Trip to Local Billiards...
A: Hey Diana, why so glum?B: Aw Bobby, I just lost my job.A: Oh, no. What happened?B: The company is relocating to an...
关于社交英语，我们都知道初次见面要说 Nice to meet you. 之类的东东，对于介绍陌生人相互认识的礼节也已经有所了解。这次就给大家讲一些不太常见但是老外之间很常用的表达。 1. Give me a hug. 给我一个拥抱吧...
Having your kid physically attached to you probably doesn't sound like fun, but an American pediatrician, Willi...
I do, of course like people to enjoy my work, no question about it. The 1)durability of the idea, the 2)relevance of ...
Dear Allen, I just received your letter and I want to let you know my opinion of your plans for the future. I hope...
A: Let's play cards.B: I don't know any card games.A: I'll teach you one.B: Okay. What will you teach me?...
A: Don't put your cup noodles in the microwave!B: Why not? They're better this way.A: The styrofoam will melt...
1. Bad news谁都知道bad news是“坏消息”，要是说某人是bad news，那只能说明这个人像“坏消息”一样太不受欢迎了，言外之意就是这是个...
1A: Where are you going?B: I have to go to work.A: Going to work where?B: I'm working at the polling place.A: I d...
1、懂事 人们经常会把这句话翻译成 “know things.” 这是字面上的翻译，没错，但是含义上的偏差很大。 懂事这个概念很难在美语中直接翻译。它...
A: You seem a little lost. Can I be of some assistance?B: That would be nice of you. I just have one question.A: You ...