A Ten-Dollar Bill
A Ten-Dollar Bill
Sam waited patiently in the long line at the grocery store. He had come to pick up a few items for his mother. He often did Chores for his parents after school. He enjoyed helping out at Homes, As he waited, he daydreamed about the new camera he Wanted to buy. He wanted to buy it soon because his family v'as ;oing on a vacation, and he wanted. to take pictures of their trip. There was only one problem. He needed seven more dollars to huy the camera. His lawn-mowing job at the Smith's should provide the money shortly.
Suddenly Sam was roughly shoved aside. He recognized Mrs Sanders, an unkind and unfriendly person who lived on his block. She had shoved in front of him without even smiling. Just as Mrs Sanders received her change and her purchases, a ten-dollar bill flew out of her hand and fell at Sam's feet. Mrs Sanders, however, was too busy criticizing the cashier for bis slowness to notice. As Sam bent to pick up the money, he thought quickly. The money did belong to Mrs Sanders, but she deserved to lose it after the way she had behaved, and, with it, he could buy the camera.
Colin is talking to Jack about yesterday evening. Jack went out, but Colin had to stay at home.
JACK: Why did your parents make you stay at home?
CoLIN: They wanted to go out , and so they made me look aftermy baby brother.
Didn't you mind doing it?
COLIN: No, I didn't. My brother was very good and I did quite a lot of homework.
JACK: Didn't you even want to go to the cinema?
COLIN: Not really. I watched television for an hour.
JACK: What was on television last night?
CoLIN: Boxing. It was excellent.
JAcK: Oh. I enjoy watching boxing on television, too.
What a pity I missed it last night!
CoLIN: What did you do last night?
JACK: I went to a boxing-match in the sports stadium.
Question on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
Miss Green was very fat. She weighed 100 kilos, and she was getting heavier every month , so she went to see her doctor. , He said, "You need a diet, Miss Green, and I've got a good one here. "
He gave her a small book and said, "Read this carefully and eat the things on page 11 every day. Then come back and see me in two weeks' time. "
Lesson 25Text AA Ten-Dollar BillSam waited patiently in the long line at the grocery store. He had come to pick up a few items for his mother. He ofte
Miss Green came again two weeks later, but she wasn't thinner; she was fatter. The doctor was surprised and said, "Are you eating the things on page 11 of the small book?"
"Yes , doctor , she answered.
The next day the doctor visited Miss Green during her dinner. She was very surprised to see him.
"Miss Green," he said, "Why are you eating potatoes and bread? They aren't in your diet. "
"But, doctor," Miss Green answered, "I ate my diet at lunch time. This is my dinner.
- Getting a Taxi via the Front Desk 在酒店前台叫出租车 阅读:24 2017-02-25
- 要成功，首先学会如何更好的交谈，但是你会吗？ 阅读:30 2016-11-03
- 儿童节必看的十部非动画电影 阅读:39 2016-08-28
- 细说英语单词：“soul soother”心灵鸡汤 阅读:47 2016-02-21
- 伊索寓言原创翻译58:The Vain Jackdaw and his Borrowed Feathers 虚荣的乌鸦与借来的羽毛 阅读:129 2016-03-25
- 常用口语缩略词，这个必须收藏噢！ 阅读:24 2016-10-17
- Blurry Vision 视力模糊 阅读:18 2017-03-25
- 职场英语对话听力18：Overtime 加班 阅读:44 2016-03-19
- 英语中怎么形容“装傻” 阅读:164 2016-02-19
- 为什么越长大，时间过得越快？ 阅读:37 2016-10-18
- 英语美文：十问自己 阅读:21 2016-10-17
- Luggage Limits 行李限制 阅读:16 2017-03-31
- 细说英语单词：哈证族 阅读:34 2016-02-21
- 幸运，其实就是准备遇到了机会 阅读:18 2016-10-20
- 【双语有声阅读】New Year's Day – A Holiday of New Beginnings 新年的第一个假期“元旦” 阅读:48 2016-11-07
- “手机幻听”在英语里怎么说 阅读:47 2016-02-20
- 用英语来说说十二生肖 阅读:16 2016-10-05
- 闹矛盾了，用英语怎么讲和？ 阅读:116 2016-06-05
- 英语中有哪些发泄不满的词？ 阅读:37 2016-02-19
- 阅读理解的几个关键问题 阅读:42 2017-04-04
- Breakfast for Dinner 早餐当晚餐 阅读:16 2017-04-24
Photos showcase Olympic host cityHow do overseas visitors view Beijing, wheth...
A: It sure is windy today.B: Paper is flying everywhere.A: This wind is dangerous for drivers.B: Especially for drive...
北外的许国璋老先生说： 学英语就要无法无天，要天不怕地不怕。 学外语，要眼尖，耳明，嘴勤，手快。只要多读，多记，多讲，多写，自有水到渠成之日。 学习外语，从事语言学研究的人不要把自己圈在只读洋文的狭小天地里，一定要具备良好的国学基...
1 Alice 爱丽丝I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person ...
In the United States someone legally becomes an adult when they turn 18 years old. At 18, U.S. citizens can vote. T...
Memory is the most popular and well known song from the musical,Cats. The lyr...
Teacher: Maria please point to America on the map. 老师：玛丽亚，请在地图上指出美国。 Maria...
"I am someone who…":"我是一个......"1.can adapt to any situat...
A: I have a date with Mary tomorrow.B: Don't you have a date with Dorothy?A: My date with Dorothy is at 12 p.m.B:...
1. It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return.But what is more pain...
A: Have you heard of the new burger place down the street?B: Yes, I have. Have you tried it yet?A: It's the bomb....
场景：这是什么牌子？ What brand is this?询问 “…… 是什么” What is ……？ 单数 What ...
一. 听说训练中应注意几个问题 一般英语学习者，在全面提高英语的前提下，要提高听、说能力，应首先注意以下三点： １．注意区分和模仿正确的语音、语调 在英语里有不少读音相近，但意思却截然不同的词汇，象cure[kjue](医愈)和 ...
如何在听不懂的情况下 照样选对答案 （中英文对照）――学一点“害人”的、只对考试有用的技巧――三大实用技巧，抓住听力考试题的致命弱点，在紧张的听力考场上运筹帷幄、稳CAO胜券！这里所谈的技巧以托福考试为样本，它是英语考试的典范，国内的...