At Christmas Time
Many people like to decorate their houses at Christmas time. They decorate the inside of the house and the outside too. Inside they usually decorate a Christmas tree and the fireplace, if there is one. Outside they place wreaths, ribbons,and coloured lightson the door and windows. If there is a tree in front of their house, they place olored lights on it too.
In New York City, there is a very tall, beautifully decorated Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center at Christmas time. In Washington, there is also a big decorated tree in front of the White House. People come from many cities to admir the trees and the gaily decorated store windows on the principal avenues of large cities.
What Do You Do After Work?
PETER: Hello, Jim. Where are you going?
JIM: To the cinema. What about coming with me?
PETER: No, thanks. I'm going home. My wife's expecting me.
JIM: What a pity. I believe it's a very good film.
PETER: Do you go to the cinema a lot?
JIM: Once a week. Most nights I sit at home and watch tellyPETER: Do you know what's on tonight by any chance?
JtM: No, I'm sorry I don't. I never read the papers till I get home.
PETER: Oh, I see. By the way, where are you going for your holidays this year?
JIM: I don't know yet. My wife's going to her mother's for a couple of weeks. She livesby the sea, you know.
PETER: Oh , does she? That's convenient.
JIM: Yes, but I want to go to the country.
PETER: Don't you like the sea?
JIM: Yes , very much. But I need peace and quiet when I'm on holiday. What are yougoing to do?
PETER: I'm going to stay at home.
J1M: Aren't you going to have a holiday abroad this year?
PETER: No , I want to buy a car , and that's going to take every penny I've got.
Question on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
Going to the Theater
If you want to be certain of seeing a play in London, you have to book your seat in advance. You can buy your tickets either at a Theatre Ticket Agency or at the Box Office in the theatre itself. tt is very rarely that you will be lucky enough to get a ticket five minutes before the play begins.
If you go in a large party it is not always possible for all of you to sit in the same part of the theatre. Some will have to sit in the Stalls, others in the Dress Circle and some in the Upper Circie. These seats are the least expensive of the three. Seats in a Box or the Front Stalls are the most expensive.
Lesson 24Text AMany people like to decorate their houses at Christmas time. They decorate the inside of the house and the outside too. Inside they usu
- 疯狂英语阅读007-DieAnotherDay 阅读:17 2017-10-18
- 毕业生必看：让人刮目相看的英文自我介绍 阅读:32 2016-10-24
- 【TED】如何活过100岁？ 阅读:30 2016-09-08
- 伊索寓言原创翻译24：The Lion and the Ass 狮子与驴 阅读:72 2016-02-19
- 这些绕口令太神奇了，分分钟提高口语！ 阅读:35 2016-10-19
- 细说英语单词：“size zero”零号身材 阅读:77 2016-02-21
- 图像记忆法：记忆关键字 阅读:59 2016-01-21
- 美文：艾米莉·迪金森《幸福的小石头》 阅读:27 2016-10-15
- A Car Accident 一场车祸 阅读:26 2017-06-08
- “租房”相关英语 阅读:29 2016-02-19
- 女人的32个小秘密，想知道吗？ 阅读:25 2016-10-15
- Getting a Taxi via the Front Desk 在酒店前台叫出租车 阅读:13 2017-05-28
- 和起床相关的英语句子，你都会说吗？ 阅读:36 2016-07-29
- Accepting an Invitation to a Party 接受邀请参加聚会 阅读:42 2017-05-18
- 用英语“写出”动物的声音 阅读:30 2016-09-29
- 英语表达：网络蓝军 Online Blue Army 阅读:28 2016-02-25
如何在听不懂的情况下 照样选对答案 （中英文对照）——学一点“害人”的、只对考试有用的技巧——三大实用技巧，抓住听力考试题的致命弱点，在紧张的听力考场上运筹帷幄、...
So said, so done.说到做到。So said, so done
America is known as the land of opportunity, where one could achieve anything they put their mind to, no matter who ...
1.As luck would have it, he was caught by the teacher again.不幸的是,他又一次被老师逮个正着。...
1A: I would like to buy some business cards.B: Excellent. How many would you like?A: Two thousand would be fine.B: Yo...
Homer sometimes nods. 荷马有时也打磕睡；智者千虑，必有一失。 荷马（Homer，9-8 B.C.）是古希腊吟游盲诗人，著有史诗《伊利亚特》（Iliad）和《奥德赛》（Odyssey）。荷马史诗来源于...
A: Did you finish the math project?你做完的的数学作业了吗。B: I have not started.我还没有开始做。A: But it's due tomorrow!但是明天就要交了。B:...
1. Return to what hasn’t worked.1.不吃回头草。Whether a job, or a broken relationsh...
人人都爱听赞美的话，那该怎么用英语赞美女生漂亮、男生“帅呆了”？下面就教你两招。 1. You're looking sharp! 你看上去真精神/真棒/真漂亮。 Sharp常用的意思有下面几个： 1) 锋利的...
1. That whole "fingertip length" rule in grade school was your wors...
good old fashion 1)ginger beer, just the thing to cool you down on a hot summer’s day, and we made this ourselves. In...
First impressions can play a major role in how an employer perceives you as a candidate. What you say during the fir...