What's the Matter with You?
What's the Matter with You?
MRs WELsH: Good afternoon, Dr Dawes.
DR DAwEs: Good afternoon, Mrs Welsh .
MRS WELSH: Please come this way,Doctor.Peter's in this room.
DR DAwEs: Well, Peter.I'm sorry you're ill. What's the matter with you?
PETER: I don't know,Doctor. I'm ill.I have a headache and a stomachache.
DR DAwEs: Show me your tor.gue.What did you eat yesterday?
PETER: Well,Doctor,I. . .
DR DAwEs: Did you eat any cake?
PEKE: Yes,I ate some cake.
DR DAwEs: Did you eat any ice cream?
PETEK: Well,yes,I did.I ate some ice cream.
DR DAWEs: Did you eat any candy?
PETER: Well,yes,I did. I ate some candy.
DR DAwES: Young man,tell me everything you ate yesterday evening.
PETER: WeII, Doctor.I went to a birthday party.
DR DAwEs: I see!How many pieces of cake did you eat?
DR DAwEs: How many plates of ice ream did you eat,young man?
PETER: Gosh,Doctor.I had only three plates of ice cream.John had four.
How Did You lose Your Way?
Mrs Brown's old grandfather lived with her and her husband. Every morning he went for a walk in the park and came home at half past twelve for his lunch.
But one morning a police car stopped outside Mrs Brown's house at twelve o'clock, and two policemen helped Mr Brown to get out. One of them said to Mrs Brown, "The poor old gentleman lost his way in the park and telephoned to us for help, sowe sent a car to bring him home. " Mrs Brown was very surprised, but she thanked the policemen and they left.
"But, Grandfather, " she then said , "you have been to that park nearly every day for twenty years. How did you lose your way there?"
The old man smiled ,closed one eye and said, "I didn't quite lose my way. I just got tired and I didn't want to walk home ! "
Questions on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
One morning a man was crossing a narrow bridge when he saw a fisherman on the shady bank of the deep, smooth river under him,so he stopped to watch him quietly.
After a few minutes, the fisherman pulled his line in. There was a big, fat fish at the end of it.
The fisherman took it off the hook and threw it back into the water. Then he put his hook and line in again. After a few more minutes he caught another big fisb. Again he threw it back into the river. Then, the third time, he caught a small fish. He put it into his basket and started to get ready to go. The man on the bridge was very surprised, so he spoke to the fisherman. He said, "Why did you throw those beautiful, big fish back into the water and keep only that small one?"
The fisherman looked up and answered, "Small frying-pan. "
- 【旅游英语】问路、买票&坐车 2 在售票中心买票 Buy Ticket at Ticke Center。 阅读:106 2017-02-20
- 英语中“回巢族”怎么说 阅读:83 2016-02-20
- 美国人怎么发短信？ 阅读:25 2016-09-29
- 快速阅读一技巧及习题 阅读:20 2017-03-25
- N个你从未听说过的事实 阅读:12 2016-10-09
- 疯狂英语阅读GlobalOddities3 阅读:9 2017-11-01
- 英语中有关水果的这些俗语，你知道几个？ 阅读:59 2016-10-29
- 英语单词朱庇特妄自尊大的故事 阅读:14 2016-02-19
- 【旅游英语】问路、买票&坐车 4 伦敦的交通和各种交通卡 London transportation& transportation card。 阅读:171 2017-02-22
- Complaining about a Tour 旅游投诉 阅读:12 2017-04-19
- 实用英语单词：购物杀价十句话 阅读:34 2016-02-19
- Dating Two People 和两个人约会 阅读:54 2016-03-23
- 成为一名好读者，你也可以！ 阅读:40 2016-08-27
- 为什么以图像来记忆 阅读:60 2016-01-21
- 英语单词“圣诞节”的狂欢的故事 阅读:25 2016-02-19
- 疯狂英语阅读ODDMEDICALEXPERIENCES 阅读:14 2017-10-02
- Health Club Membership 健康俱乐部的会员 阅读:23 2017-04-04
- Golf Is No Picnic 打高尔夫球并不简单 阅读:20 2017-06-26
- “女人都喜欢暖男?”——"那我就当暖男吧！" 阅读:57 2016-10-22
- 关于音乐“music”的日常英语 阅读:52 2016-01-16
- 短语你听着，你的过去我也查的一清二楚！ 阅读:39 2016-10-22
场景：如何说数量？ How to talk about quantity?数字 Numbers最简单的表达数量的方法就是用数字，也就是用“数字 可数名词”...
1黑眼圈是 panda eyes?!工作很劳累，有时会出现“黑眼圈”，中国人常译成“panda eyes”，很形象呵，而实际上，在英语中它的地道表达是：“...
A: Do you listen to the radio?B: I listen day and night.A: What do you listen to?B: Mostly talk radio.A: What's t...
《有一天》是《纽约时报》畅销书榜首绘本，整本书语言简单质朴，传达出如天空和海洋般辽阔的母爱。文 / Alison Mcgee 图 / Peter Reyn...
1. Mother：How was school today, Patrick?妈妈：今天在学校过的怎么样，帕特里克?Patrick：It was rea...
A: In order to check for an infection, we are going to need a urine sample.B: How does that work?A: Take this little ...
These days many people attend community colleges with plans to transfer to a four-year college or university to get...
A Peacock, puffed up with vanity, met a Crane one day, and to impress him spread his gorgeous tail in the Sun.一只孔雀，自高...
可以让一位女性安检员来做检查吗？Can I have a female officer to do the body check ?注意：一般都是女性为女...
爱情没有终点只有永远 love never ends but lasts foreverLove never ends but lasts forever
我想买一张周旅行卡。Excuse me, can I have a 7 days Travelcard你能告诉我最近的地铁站在哪里吗？Could you ...
A: Why do they call this bubble tea?B: I think it's because of the balls on the bottom.A: They don't look lik...
A: I think you're very pretty.B: Thank you.A: Would you have dinner with me?B: I would like to.A: Can I pick you ...