There Is Something Very Nice Inside Your Drum
There Is Something Very Nice Inside Your Drum
It was Jimmy's birthday, and he was five years old. He got quite a lot of nice birthday presents from his family, and one of them was a beautiful big drum.
"Who gave him that thing?" Jimmy's father said when he saw it.
"His grandfather did," answered Jimmy's mother.
"Oh," said his father.
Of course , Jimmy liked his drum very much. He made a terrible noise with it, but his mother did not mind. His father was working during the day, and Jimmy was in bed when he got home in the evening, so he did not hear the noise.
But one of the neighbours did not like the noise at all , so one morning a few days later, she took a sharp knife and went to Jimmy's house while he was hitting his drum. She said to him, "Hullo, Jimmy. Do you know, there's something very nice inside your drum. Here's a knife. Open the drum and let's find it. "
May I See a Hat, please?
MR Ross: May I see a hat , please?
SALESMAN: What size do you take?
MR Ross: I'm sorry. I don't know.
SALESMAN: I'll measure you. . . You take size 6. What colour hat would you like?
MR Ross: Brown, please.
SALESMAN: Here are some nice brown hats.Try this hat on.It's a very good one.
MR ROss: Yes, I like this one.It goes very well with my coat. How much is it?
SALESMAN: It's $ 9.95 ( nine dollars and ninety-five cents ). Do you want me to put it in abox?
Questions on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
The police in the big city were looking for a thief. At last they caught him. But while they were taking photographs of him - from the front, from the left, from the right, with a hat, without a hat - he suddenly attacked the policemen and ran off. They tried to catch him, but he got away.
Then a week later the telephone rang in the police-station, and somebody said, "You are looking for Bill Cross, aren't you?"
"Well, he left here for Waterbridge an hour ago. "
Waterbridge was a small town about 100 miles from the city. The city police at once sent four different photographs of the thief to the police in Waterbridge.
Less than twelve hours later they got a telephone call from the police in Waterbridge. "We have caught the fourth this evening, we think. "
- 【旅游英语】旅游准备 10 在旅行社订票（暂不出票）I'd like to reserve a ticket for a couple of days. 阅读:84 2017-01-14
- 开车实用英语 阅读:66 2016-02-19
- “mama's boy”奶嘴男 阅读:50 2016-03-01
- 什么是“road rage”？ 阅读:70 2016-11-17
- 生病、受伤时请医生看病的日常英语 阅读:61 2016-01-17
- Shiny Shoes 闪亮的鞋子 阅读:29 2017-06-21
- A Stomachache 胃疼 阅读:22 2017-07-05
- 美剧经典台词：那些戳入你心坎里的句子 阅读:52 2016-10-14
- “推销电话”英文怎么说？ 阅读:184 2016-06-05
- 恋爱到结婚的这几种变化，你懂得 阅读:20 2016-10-20
- 关于美女装扮的英语单词 阅读:46 2016-02-19
- Just Sitting in for My Brother 阅读:23 2017-08-14
- 【双语有声阅读】 Facebook 社交网站“脸书” 阅读:53 2017-01-07
- 英语不发音的字母有哪些？ 阅读:43 2016-09-22
- 【双语有声阅读】 September 11th 美国2001年911恐怖袭击事件 阅读:48 2017-02-06
- 回顾双陈、霍林婚恋历程，学习从恋爱到结婚那些事儿 阅读:36 2016-10-26
- 熬不下去了，来点电影熬的鸡汤 阅读:33 2016-10-27
- 关于consular的相关英语词组 阅读:46 2016-03-02
- Joining Facebook 怎样加入脸书（facebook） 阅读:50 2016-06-26
- 不同场合，怎么表达“加油”？ 阅读:49 2016-08-12
- Dating Two People 和两个人约会 阅读:61 2016-03-23
A: I am really looking forward to David's party.B: Me, too. I've been excited all week!A: Is there anything y...
A: What are you going to do about your death?B: Well, mostly I'll try to avoid it.A: I mean, are you going to get...
天天坐公共汽车，有没有想过要了解一下公交车上的英语该怎么说？不急，我们先来看一段发生老外公车上的对话： Bus driver: Move to the rear of the bus, please. There're plenty ...
A: I ran out of date locations.B: Try museums and amusement parks.A: Me and my boyfriend have been to both.B: Go to a...
A: Someone broke into my house.B: How do you know?A: The front window is broken and there is glass everywhere.B: You ...
信息安全问题提纲：1.信息安全问题日益重要。2.信息安全事故可能导致的危害。3.如何做到信息安全。[范文] When a variety of problems plague the information systems, the...
1A: Do you know which bus will take me from PHS to Vons?B: Which Vons do you want to go to?A: It's on Fair Oaks a...
英 美 电影 film movie 公寓 flat apartment 橡皮 rubber eraser 电影院 cinema movie thea...
1.dis Dis其实是disrespect这个词的简略形式，意思是不尊重，不重视。这个词起先用在rap music绕舌音乐中。演唱的人以快速强烈的节...
A: Beer is a powerful drug.B: So are cigarettes.A: Which would you prefer?B: What do you mean?A: When you die and go ...
A: Have you ever flown on an airplane?B: Yes, I've flown in planes many times.A: Were you scared?B: The first tim...
A: Now that we found our new home, it's time to sell our old one.B: I know. It makes me sad.A: Why is that, Dorot...
A: Why did you fall asleep in class today?B: I stayed up late playing Farmville.A: What is that?B: A game on Facebook...
1. 一句话的第一个单词首字母要大写。 如：She is my sister. 2. 表示称呼或职务的词首字母大写，人名要大写。 如：Ms. Wa...