But the Chinese Did !
But the Chinese Did !
One day Tom said to one of his friends, "I'm going to have a holiday in Peking. But I don't speak Chinese, so I'll go to evening classes and have Chinese lessons for a month before I go."
He studied very hard for a month, and then his holidays began and he went to China.
When he came back a few weeks later, his friend said to him, "Did you have any trouble with your Chinese when you were in Peking , Tom?"
"No, I didn't have any trouble with it," answered Tom. "But the Chinese did !"
At the Birthday Party
MRs Ross: Welcome, Peter. Give me your coat and hat.
PETER: Thank you, Mrs Ross.
MRs Ross: The boys and girls are in the living room. Wait, I'll call John.
* * *JOHN: Hi, Peter. Why are you late?
PETER: My mother made me dress up.
JOHN: That's good. Alice has some pretty friends.
PETER: You know I don't like girls.
* * *PETER: Happy birthday, Alice. Many happy returns of the day. Here's a present for you.
ALIcE: Thank you, Peter. Come into the dining room. I'm going to cut the cake soon.
JOHN: Have some sandwiches , Peter.
PETER: Thanks. John. who's that girl?
JOHN: That's Joan. She's pretty, isn't she? She likes to dance. Ask her to dance.
PETER: Well , I don't know.
JOHN: Don't be afraid. She isn't going to bite you.
PETER: Who's afraid? I'm not afraid.
* * *PETER: Would you like to dance, Joan?
JOAN: Yes , Thank you. I'd like to dance very much.
Questions on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
If you are in a hurry and you want to have a quick meal there is no better place than a self-service restaurant. You go into the restaurant, pick up a tray, knife, fork, and spoon and queue at a counter where the food is on display. You pick out what you want and put it on your tray, which you have to push along a special rack till you reach the cashier. The cashier will give you your bill. After paying, you take your tray to any table you like. You can sit alone or with another customer. You can have a good meal in ten minutes. And-as there is no waiter you don't have to give a tip.
- Requesting a Wake-Up Call 要求叫醒电话 阅读:39 2017-06-10
- 看看这些小戏骨的演技，甩那些小鲜肉几条街~ 阅读:260 2016-10-30
- 假期出去疯玩，回来拿照片来炫 阅读:47 2016-10-19
- 遇到尴尬事时用手机掩护法 阅读:55 2016-02-23
- 记忆法入门教程详细讲解 阅读:93 2016-01-21
- Comic-Con 圣迭戈国际动漫展 阅读:25 2017-02-04
- Conversation: 6. Reporting an Internet Problem 阅读:25 2017-10-27
- “不入虎穴，焉得虎子”在英语里竟然和“鱼”有关 阅读:123 2016-10-30
- Election System 选举制度 阅读:22 2016-12-24
- 英语单词天鹅与“绝笔”的故事 阅读:50 2016-02-19
- 疯狂英语阅读007-DieAnotherDay 阅读:43 2017-10-18
- Payment Not Received 没有收到付款 阅读:33 2017-04-13
- 10 Commandments of Friendship 友谊10大戒律 阅读:39 2017-02-23
- Friends agree best at distance 阅读:54 2017-06-04
- “别废话”英语怎么表达 阅读:72 2016-02-19
- 出彩的简历怎么写？先来看最差的和最好的简历用语！ 阅读:41 2016-10-13
继郭美美之后，号称“郭美美二代”的卢美美横空出世，引发诸多关于慈善腐败的争论。 请看《中国日报》的报道： The project attracted much online debate after Lu Xi...
All that glitters is not gold.闪光的不一定都是金子。All that glitters is not gold
悲伤时●失望真让人失望! What a disappointment!I didn't get a raise. What a disappointment! (没有给我提薪，真让人失望!)That's too ba...
A: There's a huge rip here.B: But there's tape on it!A: Did you put the tape there?B: No, it was there before...
1A: I have a reservation. My name is John Sandals. B: May I see your ID, please, Mr. Sandals? A: Certainly. Here it i...
1A watched pot never boils.[误译] 眼睛盯着看的壶永远不会开。[正译] 心急锅不开。2I am all ears.[误译] 我...
A: I saw a scary article online today.B: What was it about?A: It was about people sleeping with their cell phones.B: ...
20 Key Sentence Patterns for International Communication 亲爱的朋友们，根据我多年的经验，特别为大家总结了20个对外交往的常用句型!记住：是句型。而不是句子!1．I'd l...
存完了钱当然要取钱了，只存不用那还赚钱干什么啊。下面是一些取钱时常用的句型，请多多练习哦！ Please tell me how you wish to withdraw your money. 你要怎么取钱？ I want to w...
There is inside youall of the potentialto be whatever you want to be,all of the energyto do whatever you want to do.I...
1A: Did you clean your room today?B: No, not yet.A: When were you planning on doing that?B: I'm going to clean it...
A: The fish and chips dish looks delicious!B: Do they let you choose the chips you want?A: Maybe they're just sal...
A: Who did you vote for?B: I voted for Obama.A: Me too.B: He will be a great president.A: Everyone likes him.B: He...