But the Chinese Did !
But the Chinese Did !
One day Tom said to one of his friends, "I'm going to have a holiday in Peking. But I don't speak Chinese, so I'll go to evening classes and have Chinese lessons for a month before I go."
He studied very hard for a month, and then his holidays began and he went to China.
When he came back a few weeks later, his friend said to him, "Did you have any trouble with your Chinese when you were in Peking , Tom?"
"No, I didn't have any trouble with it," answered Tom. "But the Chinese did !"
At the Birthday Party
MRs Ross: Welcome, Peter. Give me your coat and hat.
PETER: Thank you, Mrs Ross.
MRs Ross: The boys and girls are in the living room. Wait, I'll call John.
* * *JOHN: Hi, Peter. Why are you late?
PETER: My mother made me dress up.
JOHN: That's good. Alice has some pretty friends.
PETER: You know I don't like girls.
* * *PETER: Happy birthday, Alice. Many happy returns of the day. Here's a present for you.
ALIcE: Thank you, Peter. Come into the dining room. I'm going to cut the cake soon.
JOHN: Have some sandwiches , Peter.
PETER: Thanks. John. who's that girl?
JOHN: That's Joan. She's pretty, isn't she? She likes to dance. Ask her to dance.
PETER: Well , I don't know.
JOHN: Don't be afraid. She isn't going to bite you.
PETER: Who's afraid? I'm not afraid.
* * *PETER: Would you like to dance, Joan?
JOAN: Yes , Thank you. I'd like to dance very much.
Questions on Text B
7. Read the following passage once. Underline the key words while reading and retell the story to your partner.
If you are in a hurry and you want to have a quick meal there is no better place than a self-service restaurant. You go into the restaurant, pick up a tray, knife, fork, and spoon and queue at a counter where the food is on display. You pick out what you want and put it on your tray, which you have to push along a special rack till you reach the cashier. The cashier will give you your bill. After paying, you take your tray to any table you like. You can sit alone or with another customer. You can have a good meal in ten minutes. And-as there is no waiter you don't have to give a tip.
- 2011年国内十大热词 阅读:38 2016-03-02
- To Have a Better Life 为了有一个更好的生活 阅读:32 2017-01-19
- “Baby-pooling”拼养 阅读:393 2016-02-22
- 电影：“票房”英文怎么说 阅读:25 2016-02-19
- A Chilly Day 一个寒冷的天 阅读:23 2017-03-08
- 学校生活对话听力11:School and Work 学习和工作 阅读:39 2016-03-19
- unnatural deaths 非自然死亡 阅读:36 2016-02-27
- 银行相关英语对话听力4：Making a Deposit 存款 阅读:117 2016-03-20
- 关于起英文名的必备小常识 阅读:52 2016-06-02
- 伊索寓言原创翻译15：The Ass and His Driver 驴与赶驴人 阅读:150 2016-02-15
- “高考”英语怎么说？ 阅读:42 2016-08-26
- Getting Off Too Early 太早下车了 阅读:12 2017-11-13
- 请求帮助“ask for help”的常用英语 阅读:40 2016-01-24
- 词义猜测八法 阅读:73 2017-03-03
- 献给考生背单词最科学方法 阅读:49 2017-05-05
- “暴雨”rain cats and dogs 阅读:46 2016-02-29
Cross-straits chartered flightsThe development of increasingly regular charte...
A: There are some amenities missing from my hotel room.B: I'm so sorry to hear that. What is your room number and...
A professor was giving a big test one day to his students. He handed out all ...
进入21世纪，似乎我们工作和生活的方方面面都在国际化、全球化。新技术、新理念不断涌入，想要做一个管理者也显得不那么容易了。经理们需要不断接受新兴的技术和理念，否则就有可能会成为不太受欢迎的seagull manager了。 Seagu...
阅读的目的是扩大阅读范围, 增加词汇数量和背景知识, 为达到此目的, 如果只是采用传统的阅读方法, 通过学习词汇和进行语法分析来学习阅读是收不到预期效果的, 只有通过学习阅读技巧, 才能达到提高阅读理解能力和提高阅读速度的目的.快速阅...
A: Who let the dog inside?谁吧狗带进屋里的？B: I did. What's the problem?我带来的，有什么问题吗？A: He got mud all over the new carpet...
A: Have you seen our waiter?B: Here he comes now.A: We've been sitting here for almost 10 minutes.B: Oops, I gues...
come on 1.跟着来 You'd better go now, and I'll come on later. 你最好现在就去,我随后就来。 2.进展 How are things coming on? 情况怎...
How to Make Breakfast in Bed for Your Mom支招为还在床上的妈咪做早餐· Instructions指南You wil...
酒吧里人们最常喝的还是啤酒。关于啤酒你又了解多少呢？下面我们就来一起看一下吧。 1. Draft, please. 请给我生啤酒。 要喝酒就不能不知道一些酒的种类，例如最普遍的是啤酒 (beer)，葡萄酒 (wine)，鸡尾酒 (co...
我想要……。I'll have ……请给我一杯咖啡。Acoffee, please.请给我一杯牛奶＠咖啡。Acoffee with a dash of milk, please.请给我一杯茶。A cup of tea, ple...
通过词根记单词17:dys-,e-,ef- dys-表示"坏，不良" dyspepsia消化不良（dys+peps消化；胃＋ia病→消化不好） dystrophy营养不良（dys+trophy营养） e-,ef-表示"出，出来"...