情景对话【听力】-【雇佣】:Accepting Excuses for Not Meeting Commitments 接受不参加会议的借口
A: So tell me again, why couldn't you get the supplies Iordered?
B: Well I ordered them when you asked, but the supplier said they mightneed to back order them.
A: When do you think they will finally arrive?
B: I think maybe by Tuesday.
A: If they don't arrive by then, what are our options?
B: I could try another supplier down the street.
A: That would work for me.
B: OK, I will stay on it and let you know how it's going.
A: Thank you for taking care of the problem.
B: Thank you for your business. We appreciate you as a client.
A: You promised me the supplies would be in today and now yousay they aren't here?
B: They said they had part of the order, but the rest won't be available untillater.
A: I guess that's it then, when will you be able to get the rest?
B: I am not sure.
A: I am not convinced that will work for me, what now?
B: I could order them from another supplier as a back-up.
A: That is a good plan.
B: Good! I will call you later this afternoon and let you know when yoursupplies will arrive.
A: I appreciate you staying on it.
B: We appreciate your business and aim to please.
A: I really needed the supplies today and you are telling me youdon't have them?
B: The supplier said that it will be a few more days until they can ship theorder.
A: Fine, what day will the whole order be here?
B: If we are lucky, they may get here tomorrow.
A: Is there anywhere else we can get these supplies?
B: Let's order the missing items from someone else just to be sure.
A: I appreciate that suggestion.
B: I will track your order on the internet and e-mail you the moment it arrives.
A: I look forward to hearing from you.
B: Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in themeantime.
- 上一篇： Asking for a Description of a Person 询问一个人的基本情况
- 下一篇： Giving an Excuse for Being Late to Work 给上班迟到的一个解释
- 【听力-房屋】房屋英语相关对话听力7：Outdo... 阅读:102 2016-03-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】A good medicine t... 阅读:67 2017-06-21
- 【听力-旅店】Calling to Report... 阅读:29 2017-06-05
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】你知道什么是“僵尸粉”吗？ 阅读:76 2016-03-01
- 【阅读-每日英语】你真的了解女人吗？看名人怎么说 阅读:98 2016-11-02
- 【阅读-每日英语】英语听力的训练方法 阅读:38 2018-04-30
- 【听力-闲聊】Favorite Movie 最喜... 阅读:32 2018-04-03
- 【听力-日常生活】英语听力会话28 节日、纪念日 的用法 阅读:49 2017-09-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】Picket spots crea... 阅读:27 2017-07-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】【英语阅读】家庭条件相对不优越的孩... 阅读:116 2016-06-05
- 【阅读-每日英语】生活中的爆笑事：都是习语惹的祸 阅读:45 2016-10-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】西方人也迷信？ 阅读:30 2016-10-13
- 【听力-搬进公寓】A Noisy Neighbor ... 阅读:46 2017-10-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】老外眼中的中式英语 阅读:21 2016-06-08
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】通过词根记单词11:col-,cor 阅读:63 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】热点英语单词：judicial e... 阅读:68 2016-02-27
翻译写作突破 一、翻译的基础知识 (一)翻译的标准 ??翻译的标准可以用四个字来概括，即忠实、通顺。所谓忠实就是译文需将原文的意思忠实地、准确地表达出来。所谓通顺就是译文要符合汉语的表达习惯，读起来不拗口，没有翻译腔。上海道正认为在...
For his bookshop and website One Grand Books, the editor Aaron Hicklin asked ...
1. Shoot (rise) to fame Shoot to fame或者rise to fame都指“一举成名”、“迅速走红”。 例：The ...
1A: Is this where I catch the Super Shuttle?B: Yes, this is where you catch the Super Shuttle. Where are you headed?A...
Childhood dream to turn the still warm. Due to the difficult family circumstances, also dressed in winter clothes in ...
泰勒·斯威夫特(Taylor Swift) 1989年12月13日出生于美国宾夕法尼亚州，美国乡村音乐、流行音乐创作女歌手、演员、慈善家。 2015...
1）物质名词 a. 当物质名词转化为个体名词时。 比较：Cake is a kind of food. 蛋糕是一种食物。 （不可数） These cakes are sweet. 这些蛋糕很好吃。 （可数） ...
Say uncle! 朋友T有一次讲他叔父儿时在上海读书时的故事，他说他叔父那时身健力壮，喜欢打架，在同学中号称“大亨”。凡是看不顺眼的同学，叔父一定要和他较量，把人家压倒在地上，命令人家“叫声爷叔！”。被压倒的同学叫过...
A: I can't find the jasmine rice!B: Isn't it in the rice section?A: No, they don't have it there.B: Let...
December 8, 2050Dear Nestor,I am writing to you because your name came up as a reference on a “pen pal” list. Althoug...
A: Let's go to the mall.B: What for?A: I would like to buy a new sweater.B: Didn't you just buy one last week...
Dear Dear使用的范围比较广。可以用来称呼朋友，也可以用来称呼亲密爱人，也有可能是长辈称呼小辈。另外英语日记通常会用dear 开头。写信时通常的...
Kill two birds with one stone.一箭双雕。 Kill two birds with one stone
1A: May I exchange this DVD player?B: Certainly. Do you have your receipt?A: Here you are.B: Now, why do you want to ...
J.K. Rowling (Author): I know that when I read books as a kid, the characters became part of my fantasy life. Margot ...