情景对话【听力】-【雇佣】:Accepting Excuses for Not Meeting Commitments 接受不参加会议的借口
A: So tell me again, why couldn't you get the supplies Iordered?
B: Well I ordered them when you asked, but the supplier said they mightneed to back order them.
A: When do you think they will finally arrive?
B: I think maybe by Tuesday.
A: If they don't arrive by then, what are our options?
B: I could try another supplier down the street.
A: That would work for me.
B: OK, I will stay on it and let you know how it's going.
A: Thank you for taking care of the problem.
B: Thank you for your business. We appreciate you as a client.
A: You promised me the supplies would be in today and now yousay they aren't here?
B: They said they had part of the order, but the rest won't be available untillater.
A: I guess that's it then, when will you be able to get the rest?
B: I am not sure.
A: I am not convinced that will work for me, what now?
B: I could order them from another supplier as a back-up.
A: That is a good plan.
B: Good! I will call you later this afternoon and let you know when yoursupplies will arrive.
A: I appreciate you staying on it.
B: We appreciate your business and aim to please.
A: I really needed the supplies today and you are telling me youdon't have them?
B: The supplier said that it will be a few more days until they can ship theorder.
A: Fine, what day will the whole order be here?
B: If we are lucky, they may get here tomorrow.
A: Is there anywhere else we can get these supplies?
B: Let's order the missing items from someone else just to be sure.
A: I appreciate that suggestion.
B: I will track your order on the internet and e-mail you the moment it arrives.
A: I look forward to hearing from you.
B: Please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you in themeantime.
- 上一篇： Asking for a Description of a Person 询问一个人的基本情况
- 下一篇： Giving an Excuse for Being Late to Work 给上班迟到的一个解释
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】“免职”的多种说法 阅读:61 2016-03-03
- 【听力-找公寓】How to Find an Ap... 阅读:9 2017-12-14
- 【阅读-英语学习方法】租房实用英语 阅读:39 2016-02-19
- 【阅读-每日英语】你开心吗？变着花样说出来！ 阅读:37 2016-10-22
- 【阅读-每日英语】这十个人生哲理，你都悟透了吗？ 阅读:59 2016-09-25
- 【阅读-每日英语】【语音版】你家有没有进门不擦鞋的娃？ 阅读:28 2016-10-31
- 【阅读-每日英语】Well-being of the... 阅读:22 2017-11-20
- 【听力-在餐馆】Making Positive C... 阅读:23 2017-07-16
- 【阅读-每日英语】澳式口语怎么说？缩读一切你能想到的词语！ 阅读:46 2016-09-21
- 【阅读-每日英语】想赚钱？你得先认识钱【美元和英镑篇】 阅读:94 2016-10-23
- 【听力-找公寓】Finding an Apartm... 阅读:19 2017-11-19
- 【听力-坐公交车】Buying Tickets on... 阅读:53 2016-03-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】如何用英语在公众场合自如讲话？ 阅读:59 2016-06-05
- 【听力-社交聚会】Inviting a Friend... 阅读:15 2017-05-20
- 【阅读-每日英语】世界上最美丽的70个英文单词 阅读:40 2017-08-15
- 【阅读-每日英语】父亲节英文诗朗诵 阅读:34 2017-11-30
The American Revolution was a war of independence fought by those living in the 13 colonies of North America agains...
Today, we are called upon to remember not only the day our country was born, but also the indomitable spirit of the f...
绿色奥运(GREen Olympics) Directions: For this part, you are allowed thirty minutes to write a composition on GREen Olympi...
1A: I heard that you're looking for an apartment.B: Yes. Who told you that?A: A friend of ours told me.B: Why are...
A: Don't pick your nose.B: I wasn't picking my nose.A: What were you doing?B: I was scratching my nose.A: I t...
美国人尽管喊了多少年的“性开放”，但很多美国人在谈情说爱方面，仍然喜欢采用一些含蓄保守的词句或语句，表现文明和礼貌。下面这些表达都是表示男女间互相倾慕，两情相悦，有吸引力或一见钟情。 1. to have ...
1. I wasn't born yesterday.(我又不是三岁小孩)2. How do I address you?(我怎么称呼你)3. S...
1. Either is fine. 逛商场看到漂亮的衣服，难以取舍，问一起逛街的好姐妹 - Which dress is better, the r...
A: Excuse me. May I ask you a question?B: Sure. What do you need to know?A: Do you know where I can purchase a bus pa...
A: I'm so sore from running!B: Maybe you've been practicing too hard.A: I want to do well on the big race nex...